Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:59 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I can't seem to get my PAL v1 PSO to connect. Every time I try to connect to the online mode, it tries to dial and then I get this error:

Failed to connect to the server.
Please check your phone/network line and make sure it is
connected properly.

If I turn it off and put in my web browser, I can connect and browse the web just fine. Starlancer also works fine. I am using a US version Dreamcast, a US version 56K modem, the Utopia boot disc, and a PAL version of PSO v1.

Any ideas?

Also, is there any way to "retry" a failed connection rather than having to wait for it to save and then starting over at the main menu every time it fails to connect?

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:30 pm
quote : #2
Unfortunately, no. You always have to go back to the main screen and go from there. I was getting somewhat of the same error, but with persistence, you should be able to connect; after about 6 or 7 tries, I got it. What ISP are you using? Because I was getting the previously mentioned error with the JUNO ISP, and now I'm using MSN. Something to ease your pain though: once you get online, you don't have to enter your Serial Key and Access Code and all of that shit. Smile
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:56 pm
quote : #3
RESET INTERNAL MEMORY!!!! WOHOOO! dats what i did and started all over, cept u dont wanna if u have made it online b/f cause if it has ur serial on server and u reset and reput the serial shit into the IM it will be a diff time and the server will be like FUCK U THIS IS A DIFF DC when it aint then u have the prob that i did then they fix it and we are all like wohooo cept the panthers lost so im like damn cept i have pso so im like 1/2 wohooo

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:31 pm
quote : #4
Well, I got connected. I read something somewhere else about the PAL PSO dialing the area code even though it's not supposed to, and after I removed all area code and prefix dialing information from my Dreamcast (using my browser's setup function) the game connected just fine.

New problem now. The auction title listed the game as "new" and the condition in the body of the auction was listed as "brand new and sealed." It wasn't. It was not sealed and there were (admittedly minor) signs of wear on the manual.

The kicker is that the serial number and password combo, although it was included in the package, is apparently invalid.

Fun stuff. But, I guess that's the risk you run with eBay. Not sure what to do now...

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:03 pm
quote : #5
a few posts back a member said he emailed tech support and they deleted the serial. try to find the post and act like you accedently deleted the internal memory or somthing.
oh, i think the member was frokid.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:36 pm
quote : #6
frokid879 wrote:
the server will be like FUCK U THIS IS A DIFF DC when it aint then u have the prob that i did then they fix it and we are all like wohooo cept the panthers lost so im like damn cept i have pso so im like 1/2 wohooo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:02 am
quote : #7
Dude, I was laughing too. Freakin' funny.

And I'm an idiot. The game was indeed not sealed (so I'm still a little miffed) but the Access Key works fine (so I'm just going to drop it). I was entering the letter "p" as a capital, because in the key it moves it up (I guess so that the hanging part of the "p" doesn't go below the line). So if anybody has the letter "P" in their Access Key, just try both upper and lowercase versions ('cause it looks the same).

So I'm online! I played for about a half hour this morning. I was the only one online for about 5 minutes when I first connected, but then a RAcast dude named SWEET TOOTH showed up. Very friendly; he immediately noticed that I was a beginner and dropped 19,999 meseta for me. I declined, saying that I wanted to build myself up; he was understanding, wasn't insulted, and we played a game. Very cool.

I guess this means that I may be seeing some of you online...

M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:26 pm
quote : #8
Man I am glad to hear that because I have a PSO V1 coming next week from the same place and was getting worried. Hope to see you online sometime soon!

Link00seven
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:35 pm
quote : #9
I'm still deciding if I want to buy Ver.2 or not...

If I do, we'll defently have to game!