Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I was thinking how in the last few weeks less people are showing up for Starlancer and started thinking of ways to remind people to show. What I thought of was, have a poll added to each event in the schedualer asking if you will attend the event and then everyone could see the results. For example if on Friday I am undecided about making time to go the the game Saturday, I could check the event and see that 4 other people have confirmed attendance. A lively game is good motivation for me to show up as well.

If it isn't possible, I could just make a topic in the Starlancer board with a poll after I post an event. That would certainly be easier, but the board might get cluttered.

So, what do you guys think?
unknown
Posted:
Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:57 pm
quote : #2
well mate if i could ever find you guys i would be there as often as possible but the couple of times i has been on to see if anyone is there have resulted in me sitting on my hands looking at a blank list for half hour, i find it very difficult to meet people on this game. if theres an easier way then let me know and i'll make time to be there
Posted:
Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:03 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
yeah, this has puzzled me to, because i got some serious cravings for some starlancer, but as of late, not too many people have been showing up. even when the game has been scheduled a long time in advance. also, does the main list refresh itself in the game? the last few times i connected to starlancer and sometimes a game was there, and sometimes when there wasn't one, i'd wait for a while, then hit the create game and then back out of it an a game would then be on the list and i would have to keep doing that to refresh the list to see how many people where in it.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:15 am
quote : #4
Yea you guys should do this. Use the Event Organization forum. Don't be stingy. Hell you can even make a post to spam your event as its ongoing like "We are playing starlancer right now! (along with the date and time in the post)"

The forum gets pruned, meaning all the threads in it that are since 'out dated' and relating to events already completed are eventually deleted. Use that forum in whatever way you guys need to, to better organize your games.

I think adding an attendance poll is a good thing.

Just another reminder I fixed that scheduler bug, so when you guys were having trouble posting games the night of the event...that has been fixed now.
Posted:
Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:13 pm
quote : #5
Alright, the Poll for tonight's event is up.

Quote:
Just another reminder I fixed that scheduler bug, so when you guys were having trouble posting games the night of the event...that has been fixed now.

Sweet Very Happy
unknown
Posted:
Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:35 am
quote : #6
i just got myslef this game on pc now so i will hunt around for gamers for u if the PC > DC works like 4x4 evo
Posted:
Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:10 am
quote : #7
Starlancer for PC won't connect with the Dreamcast version. I should know, because I own both versions of SL.

-Mytho

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:13 pm
quote : #8
Hey Mytho, I just got Starlancer on PC and I have a quick question. It seems like my ship is always excelerating. I cant just cruise at say 45 without holding down decelerate and even then it is hard to maintain the speed. Is there anything I can do about it? It is REALLY annoying.
unknown
Posted:
Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:23 am
quote : #9
ok ... i will sell the PC version now because that was the only reason i bidded on ebay for it...

I though seeing as 4x4 evo connects to dc / pc / mac through gamespy and that SL is powered by GS I thought it would work the same.,