Page Location: Home > Archive - PAL PSO > Topic
1, 2, 3  Next
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:23 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
So tonight (depending on your timezone) M1Savage, BrockStrongo, and I all had trouble connecting to the PAL PSO servers. It looked like an unscheduled maintenance and some of us were worried that the servers were going completely offline. Especially me, since my V2 disc only came today (how tragic would that be?).

But no, happily, online Dreamcast PSO is not yet dead. Things are not great, as we can no longer access the JP ships and are now strictly limited to 4 ships (Iapetus, Tethys, Titan, and Dione), but all is not lost. At least we're still onine (for the time being).

It should be noted that I have still seen JP players online after the change. Perhaps they can still visit us, even though we can't visit them.

Please, oh please, give me some time to appreciate V2 before you shut us down...
BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:11 am
quote : #2
i'd imagin we will get access to the JP servers again in the next day or two, as this has happened befrore in 'the old days'. I remember not being able to access the JP ships and US:Oberon sometime last summer. so fingers crossed Smile

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:01 am
quote : #3
As of this morning, the Japanese ship and some of the EU ships were still down but a couple were working. Hopefully this is just maintenance (why now and not next Wed as usual?) and everything will be back to normal soon. If so, I will be on tonight and will look for you guys there.

Sanji
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:43 pm
quote : #4
yeah, last evening i tried to connect to pso, but it didnt work.
I tried it a tousand times, but i had no chance.
After waking up this tomorrow this first thing it did ws connecting PSO *g*
And i saw exactly the same:
No more JP ship and only 4 EU ships.
If Sega will shut the Servers they will be ran over with email from the users - im sure ! Smile
banned!
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:48 pm
quote : #5
BrockStrongo wrote:
i'd imagin we will get access to the JP servers again in the next day or two, as this has happened befrore in 'the old days'. I remember not being able to access the JP ships and US:Oberon sometime last summer. so fingers crossed Smile

God, I hope that;s the case. I always thought that the EU servers would go down..then the JP onesa long while after....

Brock seems right..I am on PSO right now with Deth and AHH (two non-OC Scots) and they have told me there were a fair many Japanese players online. Seemingly then they can access the EU servers.

Also, did anyone else have trouble with items last night? I kept trying tot connect to PSO repeatedly with my BBA last night and finally connected..once I did, Ionly Iapetus was up, and when i got into a game, all my weapons were gone, as were my dimates and trimates, telepipes and other items.

Posted Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:13 pm:

Yakumo wrote:
Hi,

I could connect if it wasn't for one little problem. I have no hunters license. I'll have to buy some web money to try it out. I can't do that until Friday night though. I also connect through BB and use PSO Ver.2 but that shouldn't make any difference. I remember when I used to play it every night for almost a year that Japanese players could choose what server they wanted to access before playing anything. So if it'S still like this then it may be possible for Japanese players to still play.

just found some web money in my drawer I'll try it out know and tell you what happens. That'S if I can get my DC on-line. Haven't done it in such a long time

Yakumo

I just received this from Yakumo, the great British/Japanese DC fan and contributor who's laos helping wqith thr PA release, at DCHistory.

As such it appears that the JP ships ahve indeed bene taken offline, as JP players can connect to any ship they choose before doing aything at all.

Again, I pray this isn't the case, and that they wil be back up after a few days like Brock mentioned has happened before....

Posted Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:31 pm:

[quote="Yakumo"] OK, WORKS !!! I can access Japanese ships, and EU ships. Are you on line now?

Yakumo [quote]

So WE cant see JP ships, but the Jp players CAN. Strange...!!
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:01 pm
quote : #6
Well i e-mailed Sega yesterday about this, something isn't right ... the servers were down all yesterday and now we can't connect to JP servers, i was thinking it was how they updated the servers for the Easter stuff they do but when i checked online its all the same. All the UK servers are online however but lag bad.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:26 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
DreamcastMagic wrote:
All the UK servers are online however but lag bad.

I fear the worst guys. This is what happened before the US servers were taken offline......

-Mytho

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:23 pm
quote : #8
Certainly doesnt sound good does it? Lets hope this is not what it looks like it might be

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:17 pm
quote : #9
i really wish i could check, but my winroute lite trial is over. currently looking for other solutions...
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:26 pm
quote : #10
This stuff happens all the time. It's maintenance.
Posted:
Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:20 pm
quote : #11
No, Maintence happens "The first Wednesday of every month". The lag is really bad, even chatting is delayed by 5 or so seconds. The Japanese servers are still not accessable by UK players, and no decorations to P2 for the upcoming Easter Holiday have been added like I thought it was. Not sure whats going on, I really wise they would use the infomation box at each lobby and tell people what they plan on doing... I wouldn't be surprised if some servers were shutdown.

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:32 pm
quote : #12
I honestly wouldn't mind if they took a few ships down. Really, all they need is one ship (there aren't that many people online). So long as they don't all go down, I won't complain.

I would like the lag to straighten out, though. (Of course if they just moved everything to a cheap machine in the corner of their office that is causing the lag, that's better than shutting it all down, right?)
M1Savage
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:45 pm
quote : #13
The lag while "chatting" last night was crazy! Type something in, run around for a while and then it would pop up. Hard to carry................on a conversation................that way. Smile

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:20 pm
quote : #14
as long as i can still get on there and play i dont care about the rest, i love pso and would be ticked of if it all went up the spout. its probably just going thru some upgrades or something. i should be back on this week, i am testing my new dc and if it works i will arange a meet for saturday the 10th april
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:21 pm
quote : #15
Well I found out what happened ... but im only posting it at DCM lol Smile whats the point of my site if I always blab it all here you know...