Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:38 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
DreamcastMagic wrote:
Well I found out what happened ... but im only posting it at DCM lol Smile whats the point of my site if I always blab it all here you know...

Heh... True, true.

And that is a pleasant explanation. It would suggest that they don't intend to shut down the servers any time in the immediate future, at least.
dreamer!
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:49 am
quote : #17
i couldnt get on either

character stats!
dream
lv72
greenill
kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:40 pm
quote : #18
Yea that response from EUR is nice to hear, I was about to order ep.2 this past week but then considered getting it on Cube since I feared they might jsut pull down the DC one at anytime. However it sounds like its still has some decent life and I think I would like to enjoy the time on the DC while I can.
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:10 am
quote : #19
so as of today, is anyone having problems with it? i am hoping to be back on this week, and will check tonight to see the sitch but has anyone still got issues with getting on? today being the 5th of april
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:14 am
quote : #20
well i was on about 11 hours ago, and there was still no link to the JP servers. also there is still lag everynow and again.

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:26 am
quote : #21
Same here. The lag has improved drastically, but it's still not quite where it was before the server move. And still no JP ship access.

I'm not going to complain. The servers are still up, and I can still play. I am incredibly appreciative that Sega of Europe made the effort to move the servers rather than just shut them down. I also just got a friend of mine online, so I'm pretty happy with PSO right now.

On that note, if you all see a blue-haired V1 HUmar named "Frank" running around, be nice to him. He's a friend of mine. Very Happy
BrockStrongo
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:35 am
quote : #22
Me: "ah frank, you see that big red square transporter over there? that takes you to a room full of MESETA!!"

me : "yep, just run to that big pillar in the middle of the garden, then all the MESETA appears!!!"

frank: "aaarrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh!!!!" *is back on pioneer2*

lol, joking. ill be nice if i see him Smile

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:40 am
quote : #23
lol, I meet Frank the other day and remember someoe saying the same thing about being nice as if everyone is mean or something ... im not mean for the most part (other then April 1st, or the 4th in this threads case Very Happy ) The lag is better but there is still the problem of this

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:26 pm
quote : #24
Yes, it is odd that we can't go to the JP ships but they still seem to be able to visit us.

But like I said, at least it's still online. I'm going to enjoy every last minute of it.
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:52 pm
quote : #25
ya, your right... if anything we should be sending them a few fruit baskets for moving them and closing them... I think i might lol

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:54 pm
quote : #26
Type: NTSC-U/C
Can't help but feel that this removal of the Japanese servers is a move to try and reduce the number of players connecting via the PAL version.

After all, I expect there are many people who only really used the Japanese servers for games (especially as they are far busier) and may now stop playing altogether, if something like thgis does happen they will be able to say that the number of people using the servers has dropped, just like it has been said before.....somehow I think this is phase one of the removal of the european servers..........but I do hope im wrong

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:02 pm
quote : #27
Well good news. The JP servers are back =D

It doesn't seem to be selectable anymore at the first screen you see, but now when you are in a lobby and you go and click "Change Ship" the JP servers are selectable again Very Happy

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:31 pm
quote : #28
Thank you GOD THANK YOU!!!! (doing my best impression of Shenmues Ryu from with him saying no as his father died) Well im guessing it will be accessable from the main screen soon, must have just been a error that needed fixing after the move.

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:01 am
quote : #29
Nope; JP ships are still (or again) gone, both from in-lobby transporting and from log-in ship select.

We'll just have to keep trying, but like I've said before, so long as the PAL servers are online at all, I'll be appreciative.

I will miss the couple of JP players I've met and played some fun games with, but at least I'll still be able to play.
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:04 am
quote : #30
well if someone does see it working plz take a pic to prove it like i did, notice what time im posting this 4am! Well 3 am as lord clock thing is still off by a hour... if your wondering why I rewrote a old article on my site about the Dreamcasts time line to failure basicly and only finished the US part ... and its only 62 sentences so far! O goodie can't wait to spend on time type Evil or Very Mad but telling a story like this to the masses is worth the time and effort...I think tomorrow ill start the JP part im way to tired to write good right now ... and there is no Euro part as I know little to nothing about the DC over there Very Happy wait did I just call myseld dumb, yes yes I did let it be known on April 6 I willing admited I know little!! as we all do ... ok ... im ranting and I know it off to bed night all ...