Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:27 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok so me, douglas, daman, and freshcut just got done playin some furious starlancer. After some astroid arena we checked out Vampire Mode. it seems everytime we try out a new mode, it seems to top the previous ones. Now let me tell you exactly what this mode is all about.

Yes this mode IS better than nuclear threat. Here is how it al works...

Lets say you have 4 players. Everyone starts out as Human. The very first person that get's killed instantly becomes a vampire. Now the only way other users can get turned into vampires, is if the current vampire kills a human, which then mutates that user into a vampire as well.

The very last Human to get killed....then gets +5 points! So here a sort of...pseudo team relationship occurs. Even though you want to kill both vampires and humans no matter what side your currently on to gain points, the entire objective is to stay alive as a human and get those +5 points.

Now when there are all vampires, change your targeting to target the human, all vampires should then lock in on the remaining human to eliminate him so the last human get's 5 pts, and the players are all reset to Human again.

Not only this......but the shape of the central massive ship/spacestation/whatever you wanna call it....(it has a name i just can't remmember right now).....it has a huge purpose. The massive thing is shapes like a 3D tic tac toe almost. It's specific use is so Human's can use it to escape from Vampires and evade enemy fire and hide.

This mode is very unique because a whole series of objectives come into play during vampire mode. The score becomes irrelevant, even more so than Nuclear Threat. being that last surviving Human is the outlying goal in this mode.

If everyone playing knows how to play as shown above....this mode can get extremly competative.

Very Happy pretty neat huh
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:43 am
quote : #2
That sounds 100% kick ass, I think I'm going to my local GameStop tomorrow to look for StarLancer. Sound like one hell of a game.

freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:35 am
quote : #3
I understood the mode, but i'm not sure everyone else did. This was the first time that i had tried "vampire" and i thought it was fun. So, if you don't have Starlancer, get it! Single and online modes are great and the controls are well laid out. If you loved Bang:Gunship Elite then this will be right up you alley.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:07 pm
quote : #4
I had tried this game mode a few months ago, but the people I was playing with didn't seem to understand what was going on. It ended up being just straight deathmatch. I got tired of getting my ass kicked by my "teammates" so I had to open up a can...and I haven't played it since. I will try to be at the next game now that more people know the real objective. I miss Starlancer. Crying or Very sad
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:27 pm
quote : #5
Yeah it was a blast ,last night at 1st it seemed like everyone was deathmatching so I going for whoever had'nt turned into a vampire, so I didnt provoke the vamp into turning me into 1 Smile

AFTER turning into a vampire I only went after Humans to end the current match and to get another shot at getting the +5.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:55 pm
quote : #6
Yea it was my frist time trying the mode ever. So took me a little while to figure out how to play it hehe :]
Posted:
Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:55 pm
quote : #7
Hey everyone!! Been gone from gaming all week (bummer!!) I've set up the Starlancer game in the schedule for tonight and if everyone wants to play Vampire that sounds good to me!! Hope to see a LOT pf people tonight!!

Douglas

Smile

JasonX
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:36 am
quote : #8
this mode sounds kick ass but i still cant get this bloody game Mad
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:07 am
quote : #9
£10 is about the average price for it in the UK, if you look in gamestation it will be about £15 though.

me, i got mine for £8 off eBay Smile

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
JasonX
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:22 am
quote : #10
you wouldnt happen to have a link to where one is selling on the net would u?
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:26 pm
quote : #11
only that one on eBay,

which isn't such a bad price, remember its brand new sealed

F355 and Starlancer reports Smile
JasonX
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:30 pm