Topic: Best fighter on dreamcast?

Page 1 of 4
JasonX
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:21 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Just aboat to buy 1 off of amazon! heres the link http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/300724/ref=br_bx_1_c_2_0/026-6878051-1587643 tell me which 1 to buy Wink

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:47 am
quote : #2
Tough call. The Dreamcast has one of best collections of fighting games out there.

If you have to pick just one, I'd have to tip my hat to Soul Calibur. It is a really outstanding fighter, and the gameplay and graphics are still amazing today. Plus, the Mission Mode will keep you busy for a long, long, time.

If you get to pick more than one, I'd also throw in Dead or Alive 2. The gameplay and graphics are on par with Soul Calibur, but the story mode is shorter than Soul Calibur's mission mode. Still, the scenery is gorgeous (in many, many ways), and it has great player control and large, multi-tiered arenas.

Virtua Fighter 3tb is a very good game with a very deep fighting system. Because of that, the controls take some getting used to, but sticking with it has it's rewards.

Beyond that, you won't go wrong with any of the 2D Capcom fighters. Capcom Vs. SNK 2, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, and Street Fighter III: Third Strike are my personal favorites, although Street Fighter III: Double Impact is awesome too.

Whatever you do, I would recommend picking up an arcade stick too, since it may make the controls easier for you. Agetec's official stick is the top choice, but it can be rather expensive. Topmaxx's Enforcer Arcade Stick works very well, and it also includes a built in rumbler and a few other features like slow motion. You can still find them new on Ebay for around $9.00.

Good luck!

How are my little crackers doing today?
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:55 am
quote : #3
my 3 favourite dc 3d fighters would be soul calibur, tech romancer and project justice. absolutely awesome games. runners up would be games like doa2, virtua fighter 3tb and mortal kombat gold. you cant really class powerstone as a fighter can you? or spawn in the demons hand and heavy metal geomatrix, but there great battle games. 2d would be the following 3, garou mark of the wolves, guilty gear x and capcom vs snk
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:50 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is a tough one. In all honesty even though other fighters are better gamewise than the ones I am about to mention, I truly take into consideration the words "the best fighter...on the DREAMCAST"

The fighters I would say are the 2 best fighters for the Sega Dreamcast are:
3D: Soul Calibur
2D: Guilty Gear X

Making a complete survey of all the fighters on the DC these 2 shine the brightest in terms of graphics, gameplay, and overall raw power. They both truly show what the dreamcast is capable of and are flawless ports of their arcade counterparts coming from Naomi hardware.

In the end my PERSONAL fav fighters to play on the DC are Rival Schools 2: Project Justice, and Garou Mark of the Wolves.
Posted:
Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:22 pm
quote : #5
man, one of the toughest decisions on the dc is which fighting game to buy. but you cant go wrong with soul calibur.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:54 am
quote : #6
Soul Calibur...hands down. NOTHING compares to what this game was and still is. Incredible graphics, longevity, and fun as hell! For 2nd place I would choose Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. Then comes Capcom Vs. SNK and then Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Project Justice, and then maybe Power Stone or Power Stone 2.

PS- Is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure any good?
Is Guilty Gear X any good?

Because I might trade for these two.
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:17 am
quote : #7
DRBagabundo wrote:
Is Guilty Gear X any good?

Guilty Gear X is well.....just see for yourself.....

The game honestly puts every capcom fighter on the system to shame. I say this not out of any disrespect for the capcom games themselves....but the resolution on capcom fighters on consoles, especially the DC....is atrocious. Vampire Chronicals, and MVC2 is a pixelated nightmare.

Guilty Gear X is FULL HI REZOLUTION. The characters look like actual fluid drawings. The game was in the arcades on Naomi Arcade hardware. The gameplay system for GGX is what put Sammy on the map. It is a classic and looks the BEST on the sega Dreamcast. GGX was also released on the PS2 however it looks far crisper and superior on the DC.

Also when you get to the end of the game you arn't left with these piddly little weak bosses. Instead...you have bosses that will skin you alive. Man Dizzy is a fucking monster. Extremly difficult.

Seriously the graphics in this game will blow your mind.
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:29 am
quote : #8
Graphics are pretty cool. Would you say it's more like Capcom fighters or is it on the SNK/Neo Geo side?

How is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:33 am
quote : #9
Soul Calibur...enough said. I'm not the one for all the cartoon, mumbo-jumbo effects, and fantasy violence games that steals away what a real fighting game should be like. Don't get me wrong about Capcom's Street Fighter series becuase I do admit that they are excellent too, but Soul Calibur is a tridational FIGHTING game with all the needed elements and visuals; Note: you don't need fancy visuals and loads of "super-moves" and fictional fighting sequences to make a fighting game better than it already is, that just burns out the hype and can lead to a lame game in the long run.

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:36 am
quote : #10
The Street Fighter series, in my opinion, is UNTOUCHABLE. Nothing compares to Street Fighter games. I mean, the EX series wasn't that good, but...IT'S STILL STREET FIGHTER. I still feel like yesterday I was skipping school to go play Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition at the local bodega...lol
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:37 am
quote : #11
DRBagabundo wrote:
Graphics are pretty cool. Would you say it's more like Capcom fighters or is it on the SNK/Neo Geo side?

How is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

I have never played Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, so not sure about that game.

As far as Guilty Gear X, its not like either SNK or Capcom. Its a genre in and of itself. Which is why Sammy corporation rose so high in the arcade business because of it.

The game allows you to burst across the screen once up in the air. Like a jet burst kinda thing. But from energy or something. The combo attacks are ferocious. Even allowing you to perform a DESTOYER move which will indefinatly completly kill your opponent. The game is very fast paced, forcing you to pull of repeated moves in succession to pull off chains and chains of combos. Beat through the normal game and you just kinda scrap the icing on the cake. The real challenge.....survival mode. The reason why it is such a challenge...is for 1...its very very hard.....2......if you beat Testament, and Dizzy you get to play them as in game characters. So there is a huge need to unlock these unbelievable characters. I have unlocked Testament. I still cannot unlock Dizzy. After playing through about 8 fighters on 1 life gauge, then reaching Dizzy I not only have an undetermined amount of life but only 1 chance to beat her and goddamn is she hard.
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:42 am
quote : #12
Oh damn...the boss is a bitch?...lol...almost EVERY female fighter is tough to beat. Especially Rogue in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2...lol...same goes for Taki or Ivy in Soul Calibur.
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:45 am
quote : #13

^^^^^^^ thats Dizzy. ph34r

Personal info
Born from a Gear and a human. Her growth has been dramatic, and despite her appearance, she's only just turned three years old. Her thirst for knowledge is ravenous, however, and her mental age is already above 20. Separated from others, her distrust of humans is the only blemish upon her soul. Enjoys interacting with nature and other people, but hates warfare with a passion. Far from a pacifist, though, she sees the existence of humans and their destruction of the environment as just a part of a natural cycle-one that's dealt her a cruel fate to fight against.

STORY
It is said that when Dizzy was abandoned in the village as an orphan, she was just a human child. An old couple with no one to depend on took care of her. After half a year, the people of the village became scared of her because of the speed at which her body and mind developed. One day, Dizzy found that she had wings and a tail. It was then that the villagers decided to expel her as a Gear. But her foster parents did not agree, so they hid her in the woods, away from the people of the village. She was placed in an area called "the devil's living place," a place that no one dared to approach. Living alone there in a cave, her shelter was eventually discovered by humans and she was put away in confinement. The humans tried to hurt her several times but she always drove them away without seriously wounding anyone. To escape the cruel abuse, Dizzy finally decided to leave her dear old home...
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:48 am
quote : #14
Gear? Is that like a mutant or something? Anywho, she look like she's been through some shit...lol
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:51 am
quote : #15
Yea here is a screen of her going fuck all on a player

Wish i could find a bigger one but screens are scarce for her. I fear her though, she's in my nightmares.