Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
superviewtiful
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:25 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've recently aquired the NTSC/U version of JoJo and have been trying to get it to run on my monitor with a Madness Gameware VGA Box. It says on the back of the CD case that it is VGA compatible. However, it won't start up on my monitor and when I used the trick method of unplugging for five seconds, then plugging in it did start up but the screen was squished in half. Just wondering if this is a compatibility issue with the Madness Gameware VGA box in particular or the CD case has an error on it or what? Any help would be appreciated.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:44 pm
quote : #2
ive personally tried this game and i can tell you it dose work. i believe all capcom fighters use the vga.

thr swiching the box to 'vga' before you turn on the dc.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
superviewtiful
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:21 pm
quote : #3
Do you recall what brand VGA Box/Cord you were using when playing JoJo?

At any rate, I believe I've found the problem. Doing a Google search for Madness Gameware VGA compatiblity, I discovered a website that claims the 'VGA Box and Cord are not the same thing' or something along these lines. When I flipped over my JoJo CD case, sure enough it said VGA Cord. I checked a few more of my games; some said VGA Box, some Cord. Very peculiar indeed.
Posted:
Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:40 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I personally have a Dragoncast VGA box. It has worked very well for me.