Topic: shenmue download content

Page 1 of 1
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
yes i have tried to find info in the search mode and have found nada about the stuff that was once available via the passport, is it still operational? i havent tested mine in years, (dont think the disk boots anymore) and was wondering what stuff actually did become a reality? there was a lot of tall talk from sega before shenmue was released, online item trading with other players, prizes, rare items and all manner of other bits as well as charts and info and competitions. anyone got info on this stuff and its fate?
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:33 am
quote : #2
ultrapro i tried my shenmue passport, it will connect but u can do nada online. it's just a complete waste of time!
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:09 am
quote : #3
But you can do everything that is stored on the disc, like exchanging Winning Cans.
rank 10
Posted:
Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:53 am
quote : #4
yeah like sanji said u can do the stuff on disc i tried last night.

character stats!
dream
lv72
greenill
Stewy01
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:30 pm
quote : #5
In my opinion, it takes too long to dial and load. Im like the ultimate Shenmue fan, but I kick myself in the nuts everyday for not writing down everything about everyone and everyplace that was given to us in the Shenmue Passport online. I dont see why they took that down, because it was nothing more than a bunch of text. Oh, and you can still find out how many time you ran into a wall if you log online.
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:25 pm
quote : #6
ok cool so it doesnt work that well anymore. as well as that does anyone know what other things it was capable of? i know you could download prizes and shit but there was supposed to be a bunch of other stuff like vital items for the story to be swapped and rankings and competitions. anyone know about the stuff on the whole cos i can only remember seeing the bits you did on the disc
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:31 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wait so some stuff still works? What sitll works?
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:33 pm
quote : #8
yah i tried and posted about this a couple months back its extremely long to load and for it to hit and not give u that annoying sound everysecond but its nuthing there really u can do a lil like the peeps have posted but its a waist of time just playing shenmue from the start all the way thru is anough for me i just never get around to doing it.
Posted:
Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:54 pm
quote : #9
Yeah, I guess we pretty much covered whats left. Oh, Japan's Shenmue and Shenmue II content are still up tho. I wanna import it, but I'd have to change isps and shit and even then it's probably written in Japanese or something.