Page Location: Home > 4x4 Evolution > Topic
Sea-Monkey
rank 5
Posted:
Mon May 03, 2004 6:46 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
How the hell do you download tracks for the Dc?Do you do it while online w/Evo?Where?I keep trying to figure this out and I'm about to give up!I'm sick of joining games and having to leave because I don't have the track everyone's racing on!There's a 'search for it' option but it does not seem to work,unless I'm doing it all wrong.I've asked other dc'ers online in 4x4 and they have no clue either!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon May 03, 2004 6:51 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
You do it by entering a specific URL to the track on the internet. This is the only way. Usually in a game you can ask people "What is the URL for the track you are using?" They usually should give you the location so you can download it.

I am working on creating more information on this in terms of a guide as well as hosting a ton of tracks for users to download but I am still working on it. Got a lot of new stuff I have to get done here at the site. This is just one of them.

If anyone has any URL's to track directories on the net please feel free to reply some in this thread.
Posted:
Mon May 03, 2004 7:02 pm
quote : #3
while in the game type a url in of the track u want. example = ( http://jag24.com/evo1/amazing.lte ).
that jag24 site has over 700 tracks to download, just add a certain track name in place of the amazing.lte more and likely u'll get lucky, and the track might be there.

I had to save my tracks that i played because the game pauses up if i didn't, so use a vmu to be safe.
save track to a vmu but make sure u have a empty vmu because tracks can be very big. u can always overwrite the tracks.

then on file screen load track from vmu! thats it u should be ready to race with ur new track.

hope that helps Smile

Last edited by Tappro on Mon May 03, 2004 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Mon May 03, 2004 7:09 pm
quote : #4
lordnikon wrote:
You do it by entering a specific URL to the track on the internet. This is the only way. Usually in a game you can ask people "What is the URL for the track you are using?" They usually should give you the location so you can download it.

I am working on creating more information on this in terms of a guide as well as hosting a ton of tracks for users to download but I am still working on it. Got a lot of new stuff I have to get done here at the site. This is just one of them.

If anyone has any URL's to track directories on the net please feel free to reply some in this thread.

That all sounds very very cool... Any hope of a user-submission-enabled THPS2, Re-Volt, and 4x4 Evolution custom levels archive? That would be cool.

Then again, I have this odd feeling you're already working on it.. Wink
Posted:
Mon May 03, 2004 7:11 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
SonicArcade wrote:
...Any hope of a user-submission-enabled THPS2, Re-Volt, and 4x4 Evolution custom levels archive? That would be cool.

Then again, I have this odd feeling you're already working on it.. Wink

You know me all too well Smile
Posted:
Thu May 20, 2004 6:23 pm
quote : #6
i'm really excited for a THPS parks section. really really.

ORtrail
rank 7
Posted:
Fri May 21, 2004 11:50 pm
quote : #7
I just got a copy of this game for $13 (in very good condition) today. I missed out on all the online racing game on the DC, except for Daytona, so I'm going to have to find some time to play this one.

Might be a good time to say "Thanks again" to Lordnikon for all the hard work too. Smile

[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Sun May 30, 2004 11:45 am
quote : #8
i think this is 1 of the only URLs that work with DC:members.lycos.co.uk/teamcrashy/mapname.lte

if that dont work with the map that u r downloadin try this:
members.lycos.co.uk/teamsith/mapname.lte

here r my 2 faveroute maps:
camping:members.lycos.co.uk/teamcrashy/camping.lte
i 4 got the name of my other fav map but i will find out and edit this post l8er.
EDIT:
khillfun11:members.lycos.co.uk/teamsith/khillfun11.lte

by the way khill fun aint a raceing trak its king of the hill here r the rules:
wen u r on the hill ur score will charge 10 every second
wen u r off the hill ur score will drop 1 every second
so basicly every 1 is on a hill all bashing each other off!its realy fun fun fun!

Last edited by [UKR]Adam1902 on Mon May 31, 2004 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total

Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 30, 2004 2:28 pm
quote : #9
here are some sites that i have verified that a dreamcast can download from:

sites:
jag24.com/evo1/trackname.lte

members.lycos.co.uk/teamcrashy/trackname.lte

and this one is a friend of mines site, which it goes down from time to time.you'll just have to wait awhile if the track doesn't dload.

lte.cjb.net/e1/trackname.lte

he has every track, that is out.
well goodluck and happy 4x4ing.Smile
Posted:
Mon May 31, 2004 5:29 am
quote : #10
WOW kool
every trak[mouth water]
that will be kool

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon May 31, 2004 5:46 am
quote : #11
so does anyone have a list of names that are available at all? if so could it be posted here? only i have tried a few and also been to the site using my dc and can find nothing
Posted:
Mon May 31, 2004 12:28 pm
quote : #12
well i dun have a list i just write down the ones i have played which is quite a few so far.

i think it would be nice to have a list of all the tracks posted here tho. if it is ok with lordnikon, but this list would be very long.
might need to make a regular page for it, here on OC.

that way it will make it easy for us to know wut tracks there are, and also make the game more fun to play. Smile
Posted:
Mon May 31, 2004 3:09 pm
quote : #13
ok i will give u a list of a few track names that will either work with members.lycos.co.uk/teamcrashy/blablabla.lte or it will work with members.lycos.co.uk/teamsith/blablabla.lte
(this isnt all of the tracks its just a few of the ones i enjoyed)

camping.lte
204faultline.lte
204vortex.lte
khillfun11.lte
sitharena.lte

i have played and enjoyed many other tracks but cant remember the names.