Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Wsttrollboy
rank 4
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 2:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
A few months ago I was surfing the web in school. However we have a web filter and it blocks everything thats not about education. So being the clever person Im not, I used googles cached page feature to look at nonhype's dreamcast unrealesed game list. Soon after the school interent whent down, but the page was still open. I grabbed a floppy disk and saved the page I was viewing to a floppy disk. Three days later the dreamcast list is gone. Just gone! No record of it. Fast forward to present. We had a locker clean out on friday and I was searching through my locker for my axe... Deoderant that is. There it was. Just lying next to my little black areasol can was my floppy disk. After checking it out, and saving a copy to my harddrive I decided to look at the HTML. After cleaning up the mess (I no longer had all the images) I decided to upload it. I was about to use hostultra(what my cheap website is on) when I remembered my 2 year old geocities account. After uploading the files I am happy to present to you, Nonhypes dreamcast list, revised edition. I will soon be making changes(dont worry I still keep an original, unchanged copy) so that information about leak status, images, movies, and whether it was realesed on another system for each game. And now the link you have all been waiting for:
http://www.geocities.com/wsttrollboy/cancelled.html
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 2:53 pm
quote : #2
amazing how many games they had planned got canned or cancelled, and i seen quite a few i wouldve love to played. i think the main reason why they were canned or canceled was because of piracy issues.

but who knows what will surface next, so far we've seen a few title's to come out of the dark.

thx for the list, seems this is a better version so far i have seen. Smile
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 2:56 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Yeh nice work there, some interesting looking games too Sad . Loved Speed devils online wonder of SDO2 woulda been online?. Anyway given me an idea for another thread.

Laters

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 8:06 pm
quote : #4
Look at that list and counted 31 Sega made titles, can you think about that 31 ... I bet some real jems were in there 2 Crying or Very sad

Yakumo
rank 6
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 10:09 pm
quote : #5
That list isn't 100% right. Some of the games (japanese mostly) did get released. Here are the ones that did see the light of day.

Cho Hamaru Golf (SEGA) - Renamed to Net De Golf

Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas - aparently thi swas release in very limited numbers

Golf Shiyouyo Survival Hen - THis was probably released under a different name. There are about 5 Golf Shiyouyo discs for Dreamcast in Japan.

Guru Guru Onsen 3

The Road to El Dorado - This colud possibly by El Dorado Gate 1 to 7 released by Capcom in Japan

Tokyo Bus Guide: From Today, You're Also the Driver - Can't say if this was the normal release that was re-released with a bus guide GDROM or not. But if it was a new game then why wasn't it ported to the PS2 or arcade like the original one was.?

Ultimate Fighting Championship: Tapout

Unreal - This was released , wasn't it? Question

Yakumo
Posted:
Sat May 15, 2004 11:19 pm
quote : #6
Wow, very good work if I say so myself.

Man, Max Payne, Black and White...

Strange, I thought I read somewhere awhile back about plans for Tribes: Ariel Assualt on the DC... Had to have been some rumor going around. Was Tribes even out on PC during DC's online circulation?
Posted:
Sun May 16, 2004 5:16 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas only exists as pre-production discs, it had no official release.

-=Pennywise=-
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 16, 2004 7:26 am
quote : #8
man makes me feel sad, some wonderful games would have been released!

Do u reckon thers a chance of finding some leaked versions of some of these games?
I kno its a long shot but u never kno!
Posted:
Sun May 16, 2004 7:37 am
quote : #9
Ho-lee crap!

Battlezone II, bleem! for FFIX, JSRF, Armada 2, Wipeout, and a Sonic & Knuckles RPG?!

It would be amazing if any of these could be found in any form, especially that Sonic RPG.
Number of DC games owned: 43 and counting

Currently obsessed with: Mr. Driller
Christuserloeser
rank 9
Posted:
Sun May 16, 2004 8:29 am
quote : #10
most were never finished I guess. It would be interesting to get only the games on a seperated lists that have proofen existance in beta or demo status.

The guy who created the list is The Kron, videogame journalist and member of www.DCEmulation.com

Here's the message board topic
Posted:
Sun May 16, 2004 11:49 pm
quote : #11
Yakumo wrote:
The Road to El Dorado - This colud possibly by El Dorado Gate 1 to 7 released by Capcom in Japan....

....Unreal - This was released , wasn't it? Question

The Road to El Dorado was a game developed by Revolution Software( Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword I, II, and III) and was to be based on the meiocre animated movie by Dreamworks. I just found all this out now after researching the game a bit more and I am disapointed. Sad This game probably would have been a good if not great point and click style adventure.

*edit*Take a look at these screenshots
http://media.dreamcast.ign.com/media/014/014369/imgs_1.html
Looks a bit like Escape from Monkey Island.
Crying or Very sad
*edit*

Unreal was going to be a port of the original single player Unreal game, not to be confused with Unreal Tournament.

Yakumo
rank 6
Posted:
Mon May 17, 2004 2:13 am
quote : #12
It's a shame that The Road to El Dorado wasn't released. The Dreamcast could have done with something ike that.

Yakumo