Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Stewy01
rank 9
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 10:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
OMG, I just went to walmart and bought Space Channel 5 and Crazy Taxi 2, both brand new, for 72 cents. They were trying to get rid of em cuz they found a box full of em back in storage. Holy Crap!
Can anyone else beat THAT as a deal! And I went to a place that deals is Used video games and I could get $6 in store credit for both of em! $2 for Space Channel 5, $4 for Crazy Taxi 2!

72 cents. 72 cents. I cant believe it.
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 pm
quote : #2
wow that is good. can beat that unless someone was giving them away. well that IS giving them away, heh. good deal.

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 10:56 pm
quote : #3
nice
Posted:
Fri May 28, 2004 11:19 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Space Channel 5 is trash, even for 72 cents. Crazu Taxi 2 was a superb deal.

I can't believe UGA made SC5 and created Rez. Really mind-boggling. Both games are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Laughing

-Mytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 12:02 am
quote : #5
don't make me hurt your Ulala hatin ass Very Happy

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 8:44 am
quote : #6
I thought I had it good when I got Chu-Chu Rocket brand new, still in the plastic wrapper, for $1.79, but you beat me good.
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 8:57 am
quote : #7
Buy 10 of each, sell 5 of each to the Used Games Store and make profit through that and sell the other 5 of each on eBay & definatly eBay UK for $10 each! Lovely jubbley, you've made yourself a nice little $50+ profit! Very Happy
Posted:
Sat May 29, 2004 11:05 pm
quote : #8
The game store wouldnt take any more from me I bet, cuz if you've ever gone to a used game store and seen how many copies of SC5 they have, you'd know they wont take any more. Same deal with CT2. They only took em cuz they was still in the wrapper.

And SC5 is fun, I borrowed it from a friend a while back and I must say truly addicting. If I could find a DDR pad for DC, it would be much more fun.

Crazy Taxi 2 is a flop, and gives head to its older sibling Crazy Taxi 1. I've played CT1 for an hour straight (even though I used a handicap).

Chu Chu for 1.72, wow. I wish they had taht.
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:54 am
quote : #9
I see good

mm..mm..mm......

INUYASHA
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:01 am
quote : #10
nice deal you got there, especially with them bein brandnew.

the best deals i have gotten was from gamestop, back in december when they was doing away with dreamcast stuff. i bought some games they had for 1 buck, all were used of course, and mainly were sports games.
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:26 pm
quote : #11
TheMytho wrote:
Space Channel 5 is trash, even for 72 cents. Crazu Taxi 2 was a superb deal.

I can't believe UGA made SC5 and created Rez. Really mind-boggling. Both games are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Laughing

-Mytho

Well that is your opinion of course. SP5 was critically acclaimed by many sites and mags for its uniqueness and the definitive UGA touch. It wasn't perfect but that didn't detract from its quality and playability.
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:16 pm
quote : #12
I did not like the game as much as Parappa the Rapper (PS1). SC5 has a style, yes, but I thought Parappa had more substance and humor to it.

And many gaming sites/magazines thought Prince of Persia (GC, Xbox, PS2) was greatness, but I thought it was mearly average with some nice enviroments.

That's the nice thing about free will: You can enjoy what you want. No one dictates that you have to like a certain thing.

-Mytho

idrepublix
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:29 pm
quote : #13
TheMytho wrote:
I did not like the game as much as Parappa the Rapper (PS1). SC5 has a style, yes, but I thought Parappa had more substance and humor to it.

And many gaming sites/magazines thought Prince of Persia (GC, Xbox, PS2) was greatness, but I thought it was mearly average with some nice enviroments.

That's the nice thing about free will: You can enjoy what you want. No one dictates that you have to like a certain thing.

-Mytho

SP5 isn't the kind of game that's going for depth and 'substance' , but I digress. Personally Parappa's appeal pales in comparison including in the humour dept. - especially to SP5 Part 2 - but of course everyone has different tastes (I actually think Double switch for Saturn/SegaCD is a good game Smile, so it of course makes sense that you prefer Parapaa - but to call SP5 'trash' that isn't even worth 72 cents? Confused Methinks Michael Jackson's cameo hath coloured thy perception of the game somewhat.
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:33 pm
quote : #14
I haven't had the chance to play the second Space Channel game. Didn't really like the first, but if I saw the PS2 version with both SC5 games, I would snatch it up, just to see what the sequel was like.

Sega had guts putting in Michael Jackson as a cameo. That was something that made me think "Sega really doesn't take chances in games anymore."

-Mytho

Stewy01
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:14 am
quote : #15
TheMytho wrote:

Sega had guts putting in Michael Jackson as a cameo. That was something that made me think "Sega really doesn't take chances in games anymore."

-Mytho

I do believe that taht's what killed the DC. If it wasnt for that tragic Pepsi commercial...