Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2, 3  Next
frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:18 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
this is not cooll. wonder wot happened considering cjb is a free domain. http://half-life-dreamcast.cjb.net/
Posted:
Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:22 pm
quote : #2
Ya I noticed this like a week ago and I think its gone because they broke the rules of useing .cjb, I used it in the past and they are rules on copyright laws that if you break them they will sue you!

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:33 pm
quote : #3
SHOOT! Thats bad, since I was still trying to track me down a copy of Half Life, and mIRC is too complicated for my short attention span, and I couldn't find it elsewhere.

Ryn0
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:04 pm
quote : #4
damn

freshcut_t70
banned!
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:16 pm
quote : #5
Maybe some one with a copy could make copies for every one else. This person could charge a small fee for the game. I think we should pick a "reputable" member here so we don't have another Propeller Arena fiasco. Service_Games, you suck!

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:16 pm
quote : #6
somebody else with a crapload of webspace and a website needs to host it.

I would do it myself but I only have about 14 megabytes, not 300 :'-(

Posted Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:17 pm:

not only that, but I don't even have Half-Life. at least not yet anyway
Posted:
Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:26 pm
quote : #7
freshcut_t70 wrote:
Maybe some one with a copy could make copies for every one else. This person could charge a small fee for the game. I think we should pick a "reputable" member here so we don't have another Propeller Arena fiasco. Service_Games, you suck!

well i have the copy of halflife and pba bowling, but the problem is i dun have the cdr's right now or i would do it myself to help others. perhaps once i get the cdr's i could make chit load of em, then send em out to peeps who want it for like 1 buck a game + shipping. but i really suggest someone else to do this right now, until i get the funds.
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:58 am
quote : #8
If anyone wants a basic whitetop CDR copy of Propellor Arena or halflife, I'll send them out a copy, and you can paypal me $2 per disk to cover the cost of the disk/postage AFTER you get it. otherwise I have your address and will slag you off on this board, viciously and will withdraw such a service forever more...

Alternatively, I have a big pile of webspace I could _maybe_ stick up all but one of the rar's on... and peeps could msn me for the last rar? This is because I wouldnt want it turning into a leech fest for all and sundry (and thus get noticed and taken down with Valve setting thier ravenous attack laywers on me... cause that would really suck ass).

Hows that sound?

#Wonderdog

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:19 am
quote : #9
Tappro wrote:
freshcut_t70 wrote:

well i have the copy of halflife and pba bowling, but the problem is i dun have the cdr's right now or i would do it myself to help others. perhaps once i get the cdr's i could make chit load of em, then send em out to peeps who want it for like 1 buck a game + shipping. but i really suggest someone else to do this right now, until i get the funds.

Well, if its CD-Rs you need, I have access to a CRAPLOAD of em. They are not whitetops though, but they can do the job.

Wonderdog wrote:
If anyone wants a basic whitetop CDR copy of Propellor Arena or halflife, I'll send them out a copy, and you can paypal me $2 per disk to cover the cost of the disk/postage AFTER you get it. otherwise I have your address and will slag you off on this board, viciously and will withdraw such a service forever more...

Alternatively, I have a big pile of webspace I could _maybe_ stick up all but one of the rar's on... and peeps could msn me for the last rar? This is because I wouldnt want it turning into a leech fest for all and sundry (and thus get noticed and taken down with Valve setting thier ravenous attack laywers on me... cause that would really suck ass).

Hows that sound?

#Wonderdog

SWEET!! I would like a copy of both, but I can only pay Money Order.

Tappro
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:24 am
quote : #10
that would be kewl wonderdog if ya would do that, maybe ya would be willing to do a swap for pba bowling, that way u would have all 3 unreleased titles to send out.

on ur site tho if ya upload certain rar files why not jus password them, instead of going thru the trouble of sending the last rar file out to peeps.

well its only a suggestion even if ya decide to do it, but it would count me out because i dun have dsl or broadband, and i hate downloading on 56k lol.
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:33 am
quote : #11
I agree, i have 56k as well, and DLing is like beating and old granny with a stick, its cruel and unfullfilling.

Wonderdog
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:36 pm
quote : #12
np. send me your details to pjdSPAMFILTERalbeck@hotmail.com without the "spam filter" bit and I'll send you a copy out. Their both really good games, worth having. Obviously, this is purely to help the scene, so if anyone from valve/sega etc emails and asks me to cease and desist (or threatens to send their ninja attack lawyers round), I'll stop immeadietly... also, I reserve the right to stop providing said service it should I become too busy etc etc, and will be very dissapointed should someone bitch at me after that point, or fail to paypal me a measely $2 to cover the cost of a disk and postage after they get thier shiny cd's.

I could really only take re-imbursement by paypal... a money order for $2 kinda defeats the purpose.. it'll probably cost about $10 to get one anyway...

Anyway, let me know if there is interest in this.

#Wonderdog

EDIT PS. And a swap for the bowling would be cool. I havent been able to download it yet.

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:51 pm
quote : #13
Actaully, Money orders are only like 30 cents. I send a Postal Money order to you for $4, and you cash it at the post office.

Or I can get you a normal money order and you cah it whereever there is a bank. Its a lot less messy than checks, and a hell of a lot better than trying to get pay-pal to werk.

Wonderdog
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:53 pm
quote : #14
Ok, I can do that then. Do you want HL as well?

#Wonderdog

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:31 pm
quote : #15
hey i couldve sworn i replied to this one a week ago or more, the site owner had been posting on his news board that he was having trouble with his host, couldnt keep the file online. is this the second thread about this or did my reply just disappear???