Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Wsttrollboy
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:12 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Now at ljsdcdev they have announced Project L. Brace yourself. Project L is a... SEGA SATURN EMULATOR FOR DREAMCAST!!! more info at http://ljsdcdev.sunsite.dk/. oh and discuss in this topic.
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:21 pm
quote : #2
Seems to be VERY early,koolkid.I'm not holding my breath.

kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:28 pm
quote : #3
I have given up on things that dont run full speed. With how cheap you can get a Saturn for its not worth it at this point. Only thing I will play that isnt quite 100% yet but CLOSE is Metal Slug 1 and 2 via neocd emu on dc.
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:35 pm
quote : #4
hey where did the koolkid come from. I do not know this individual. Though he must be very kool... and sexy Smile
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:39 pm
quote : #5
lol, well if it would work that would be cool but like it was said getting to run full speed is hopeless... Sega never released something like this for a reason after all.

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:18 pm
quote : #6
It is definitely a great project, but as said above, Saturn machines are pretty damn cheap nowadays. I do agree that a Neo Geo CD machine is a bit too expensive, but Saturn machines are entirely different and pretty easy to come by (depending on where you live).

And, as this is a Dreamcast port of a Linux-based Saturn emulator that doesn't even run very well on a high-end PC, don't expect it to run full-speed, well, pretty much ever.

Of course if you look at it from a purely intellectual point of view, it's awesome. I'll be playing with it, even though I have a Saturn on the shelf right under my Dreamcast. Smile
voorheez
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:48 pm
quote : #7
Now if we get the DC's filtering applied to the graphics....we'll talk. Smile

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:14 am
quote : #8
haha, that would be soo sweet! Think of what Bleem did to PSone games but with Saturn ones instead ... (mouth drools)

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:48 pm
quote : #9
i would like to see cleaned up versions of panzer dragoon saga, which is like the greatest rpg ever, and also burning rangers, still i doubt it'll work very well.
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:38 am
quote : #10
kontact wrote:
Only thing I will play that isnt quite 100% yet but CLOSE is Metal Slug 1 and 2 via neocd emu on dc.

???? Hope my translation is right. Does it mean 1 of the best games ever could maybe join my DC? Razz
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:05 am
quote : #11
grubensau wrote:
kontact wrote:
Only thing I will play that isnt quite 100% yet but CLOSE is Metal Slug 1 and 2 via neocd emu on dc.

???? Hope my translation is right. Does it mean 1 of the best games ever could maybe join my DC? Razz

Yes, there is an emulator for Dreamcast that will allow you to play some Neo Geo CD games. One of the few games that runs well is Metal Slug. It's not easy to find the disc for Metal Slug on Neo Geo CD, but if you can, you can run it on your Dreamcast. (But bear in mind that the disc will probably cost you more than the $40 it would take to get a copy of Metal Slug 3 for Xbox from Target or EB Games.)

The Neo Geo CD emulator on Dreamcast is a pretty good solution, because it actually runs a few games at almost full speed. Also, a Neo Geo CD machine is pretty hard to come by (and they apparently aren't very reliable, so there's no guarantee it'd last long even if you could find one).

As far as this Saturn emulator goes, I want to remind everyone that as I said, it is a Dreamcast port of a Saturn emulator for Linux (Yabause). Even the full version of Yabuse on a PC doesn't appear to run any games yet, so I wouldn't expect to be playing Radiant Silvergun or NiGHTS on your Dreamcast anytime soon. As a tech demo and a curiosity, it's awesome. It just won't likely be a real gaming solution anytime soon.
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:33 pm
quote : #12
martianviking wrote:
As a tech demo and a curiosity, it's awesome. It just won't likely be a real gaming solution anytime soon.

well put.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Wed May 26, 2010 4:34 pm
quote : #13
Type: NTSC-U/C
damn to bad it was cancelled it looked cool

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Wed May 26, 2010 6:59 pm
quote : #14
Type: NTSC-U/C
wow and I thought the Viva Rock Vegas thread was huge bump..

BlueCrab is a great coder, and certainly seems attracted by the largest challenge he can find. I'm not sure who else would have attempted such a thing.