Topic: About StarLancer

Page 1 of 1
Ramsey
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I am really interested in this game...could some1 tell me more and post some screenshots?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:53 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I will have some screenshots up on this website in the screenshots section later on. I am actually working on it right now but still tracking good ones down. Freakin hard finding worthwhile shots, let alone any. I'll reply back once i got those shots uploaded. And in the meantime can someone drop him a good description of the game both single and multi? *back to work for me* Twisted Evil
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:59 am
quote : #3
Starlancer is great. Up to 6 ppl can play online. You can make teams, there's different areas, dog-fights are awesome.

There's a regular game every Friday at 9pmGMT. Also games thru the week in the scheduler.

Do yourself a favour, get it and meet us in space Smile

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:22 pm
quote : #4
http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/sim/starlancer/preview_2596618.html

I like this preview of the game, mostly because it mentions Colony Wars, but anyway, it sets up the premise of the single-player missions. However, there are a few exaggerated points as this was a preview and not the actual game. There is 6-player multiplayer, not 8, and there is no cooperative play. Also, badically ignore the paragraph that starts "While it may be a big deal..." 99% of it is PC-only features.

As for multiplayer, it is pretty basic and lots of fun. There is a basic deathmatch mode where u just slug it out, and some other games with premises such as collect the beacons and set off the nuclear decive destroying your enemies, pass the bomb before it explodes, a deathmatch with a gigantic deathstar-like gun that picks off your enemies, a survival mode where the last one killed by the "vampires" wins, and/or hunt down and destroy the cloaked ship.

There are twelve multiplayer ships to choose from. Each ship has different stats concerning armor, shields, speed, firepower... and also special abilities like an extra layer of shields, the ability to fly backwards, and an ECM that confuses missiles (which doesn't work by the way).

Anyway, I hope that helps.

As for screen shots, I was thinking of getting a tv tuner card for my laptop. I definitely want one, but finding one that actually gets good reviews and will do what I want is rare. If I get one, I can take screen shots of both the single player missions and multiplayer.
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:54 pm
quote : #5
So Sega (or whatever company) didnt shut down the servers?

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:23 am
quote : #6
Ramsey wrote:
So Sega (or whatever company) didnt shut down the servers?

Nope. It's still online and works like a charm.

Bear in mind that it's dialup (56k or 33.6k modems) only, so you can't use your broadband adapter (BBA) even if you are lucky enough to have one. That said, it works just fine over dialup. The action is fast and lag is rarely a problem.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:57 pm
quote : #7
btw I got those screenshots up for starlancer in the screenshots section Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:29 pm
quote : #8
excellent shots nikon, i see that you intend to put screen shots up for all online and popular games, this is gonna be so sweet!!
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:29 pm
quote : #9
Yep. I am dooing this so gamers can have more information readily available here to make decisions on what games they want to buy. Razz Should help out a lot of people.
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:29 am
quote : #10
Pity you were not on F355 last night nikon... the replays would have had fantastic screenshots with 8 cars on the grid.
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
jools
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:20 am
quote : #11
Yeah it would be great to see some screenshots from net-races, especially the championships or Bike de Go! races.

Hope the Tournament section is working soon. Would be cool to have Starlancer and F355 in there. A 2 player team champ's would rock.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:51 am
quote : #12
is storyline good? I only play instant action

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:03 am
quote : #13
the offline play of starlancer is excellent, and it is essential to unlock new ships and stuff, its also good practice.