Topic: Problems with my Dreamcast

Page 1 of 1
DazzaDC
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:25 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey, I'm a new user here but am very interested in the Dreamcast console, even if it is years after the original release.
I recently purchased mine second hand from a shop, and since owming it I have had problems with the lid. If I close the lid then the game will not load. However, if the lid is not closed completely and I have something on top of the lid (not pushing it down completely) then the game will load. Now usually this would not be a problem for me, but the thing is every so often the game will go off and I will be on the main Dreamcast menu whilst it says reading game, or whatever the message is. This can be rather annoying as I cant get into games as every so often it just stops reading the cd.
Do any of you have an solution to my problem, or know any way of fixing it. Any help will be really appreciated.
Thank you.

YouBlowinMyHigh
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:00 am
quote : #2
Hey umm thats really weird something evidently wrong with the lid mechanism that lets the dc kno that the lid is closes and safe to go head and start the laser u might wanna open up ur dc careful make sure everything fittin right or try turning ur dreamcast upside down like the old playstation one and that usually works or u could just buy a new dc Embarassed

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:42 pm
quote : #3
if you buy a new dreamcast, send me your old one, even if the lid IS screwed up. you can get one at EB for 14.99, but I don't have any money
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:23 am
quote : #4
I tried the old Playstation technique but I couldent get it to work for me. Also, I have tried replacing the lid with a new one, but that too didnt work. Its quite confusing, as before (after taking off the lid and putting it back on) I managed to get it working but it started not functioning correctly again not too long after. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to put up with it now. Sorry limpbizkitfan943, I dont think I'll be buying a new dreamcast. Wink

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:56 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
If it's a problem with your lid mechanism that cannot be fixed, then as a last resort you might want to try taping your lid sensor.

Open your DC up, and remove the top half of the case. Towards the back otf the DC you will see a teeny black button. This little button tells your DC that the lid is closed when it is depressed. Just tape it depressed, and then you won't have to worry about your games stopping because your DC thinks the lid is open.

Just tape it good.

But rmember that if you do do this, then your DC will allways think that the lid is open, so your disk will never stop spinning if you open the lid. You might cut yourself.

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:41 pm
quote : #6
how would it know to load the game? like for example, when you do the codebreaker/gameshark thing, and it waits till the lid closes to spin the disc. or when you do the same thing at the startup menu. how would it know?