Topic: Half Life Specs

Page 1 of 2
Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Has anyone played Half Life with a mouse or keyboard for DC? It rocks! When will online be ready?

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:54 pm
quote : #2
I played Half-Life all the way through with the mouse/keyboard. it's freaking awesome!

I was going to play Blue Shift, too, but I haven't gotten around to it

my only gripe about the game is the time it takes to save so that you don't have to play a hard tough part over and over until you survive with more than 30 health
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:18 pm
quote : #3
Ya thas the only way i play it Smile

Fucking kicks.

The fun part is, in the console

Going to some of the multiplayer maps.

map undertow
map bounce ..etc.

shows that they working on them.

Now if we could add some bots to those multiplayer maps Smile
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:29 pm
quote : #4
why do you need more than 30 health? How do you access maps?

braze2032
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:59 pm
quote : #5
Yeah dude! It really is the only way to go Laughing.

In a DCMag interview, the developers said that they would be working on getting multiplayer into Half Life up until the very last minute. Since it was cancelled, I don't know when they stopped but it's sad that they didn't manage to implement it fully before the 'beta' was created Crying or Very sad.

To access the maps just hit the key on the keyboard and type:

changelevel ‘levelname’

‘levelname’ being any of these:

undertow
snark_pit
boot_camp
lambda_bunker
datacore
stalkyard

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:03 pm
quote : #6
if you don't have enough health, chances are you might die soon, chile
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:18 pm
quote : #7
thank you

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:14 pm
quote : #8
Any news on Morph and his DC HL online thing?

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:17 pm
quote : #9
i pmed him, he hasn't replied yet though. I hope there are 10 at a time like he said.

Syndalis
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:22 pm
quote : #10
GAH!!!!!

Listen to me. There is still no proof of a working configuration. I am well aware the potential for a working system is inherent in the code, but there has been no proof of it working. Do not make any purcheses based on something that very well may not work.

Lord Nikon, if you are reading this (you are, I bet), if you have a BBA (you do, I know Wink ), and if you have a copy of half life (I know you do), please just bring up the console, type slist, and see if any blinking occurs on your router. That will end this whole pointless thing.

I CANNOT believe someone with the equipment hasn't done this yet. This is what is beginning to erode my faith (what little there was) in the project.
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:27 pm
quote : #11
I could have sworn that they had already tried to and detected a game of the year edition server. I remember morph or somebody saying they had done that and all they had left to do was enable the connect command

I saw coders cables on Lik-Sang for 25 dollars plus shipping, why doesn't anybody buy one? I would myself if I had any money and/or the slightest clue how to use them
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:30 pm
quote : #12
what is a coders cable? and when it is online, will it support modem?

Syndalis
rank 8
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:35 pm
quote : #13
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
I could have sworn that they had already tried to and detected a game of the year edition server. I remember morph or somebody saying they had done that and all they had left to do was enable the connect command

I saw coders cables on Lik-Sang for 25 dollars plus shipping, why doesn't anybody buy one? I would myself if I had any money and/or the slightest clue how to use them

I have a hard time taking "someone said that someone said" type info seriously. No slight at ALL to Morph, but just because Morph knows someone that said he did something does not quantify proof. Also, simply saying that it recognised a server does not really mean anything. Was it local (LAN), was it over the net? How did it recognise it? Was there a selection screen? Did it happen over some kind of master server? What was the communication between the DC anbd the HL server that allowed it to put the info up via slist. Whgere are the packet logs/dumps?

I am VERY suspect of that fact, as the exact steps used have not been made readily available so people could duplicate the results.

Proof would be someone like Lord Nikon saying that the broadband adapter is initialized by the game. That would be a start, and give me a reason to invest some effort into hunting down the connect command in the binary. But I am going to put zero effort into this until multiple people can show that this is a viable project (not that am important or anything, I just dont want to help what appears to be a hype machine anymore than I already have).
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:56 pm
quote : #14
I hear ya syandlis! i backed out of that crap project when i was left out of the loop and since then i havn't heard jack from 2lazy or morph. like syndalis said let see if lord could try slist looking at his router thingy and i highly doubt that ginsu will work i have never seen or heard of it working anywhere. Untill then let it rest chile just let it FREAKING rest. Ok?

Edit: Now i'm working on the ISAO project it i so fun to work on that project Very Happy

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:00 pm
quote : #15
but it would be fun Sad