segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:35 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi,

An official saturn keyboard does exist but seems to be pretty hard to get hold of...however there is a saturn keyboard adapter which is fairly easy to get on ebay, whic allows the us of standard PS/2 keyboards.

As for on an screen keyboard, yes, I am pretty sure it would appear in an online game, as it does to enter the phone number etc...but I cannot confirm this yet as I have never made it that far...

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:26 pm
quote : #17
(OK, Take 2, computer crashed the first time I typed it out)

Is the SS Virtual On a special one like Daytona that is net enabled, or there is just one version?

Same question for Duke Nukem
Same question for Bomber Man

Besides Daytona special, Duke Nukem, Bomberman and V. On, are there any other net capable games for the SS?

So I am not going to bother getting the SS keyboard. Definately going to hit The Village next time I am in the city and pick up a couple of the SS Net Links, and then maybe set up a thread were NY'ers can list themselves so we can call each other to play Virtual On. When I say list ourselves, just for online contact and then they can chose to give their phone numbers out by requests....

Just thinking out load (so to speak)

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:11 pm
quote : #18
I think regular duke nukem and bomberman had netlink support, but only the netlink versions of Daytona USA and VO had netlink support.
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:26 am
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yeah thats right, Duke Nukem and bomberman always came with netlibk functions, whilst sega rally, virtual on and daytona USA have to be the specific netlink editions

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:59 am
quote : #20
ok, now this bomberman game is "saturn bomberman" or "bomberman fight"?

Sega Rally got added to the list, thats good, hope the list will grow as people's memories get refreshed.

You telling me that VO had to be a special edition both helps me and pisses me off. Helps because I need to cut down on my spending. Pisses me off because I have never seen any other version of VO for the SS. Are you sure its got to be some special edition?

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:06 am:

***a couple of minutes later***

As I was researching to see if there was a specal edition of VO I came across this site, which is what I had sugested in a previous post. Sort of.

http://samples.infinitydev.net/netlink/index.html

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:16 am:

***a couple more minutes later***

It looks like their last game was in 2001!
If someone finds something more recent, let me know. But on their list of games they answered my Bomberman question. On their game list they didn't destinguish VO as a special edition...

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:36 am:

***a couple of more minutes***

and this concludes my research as this next link confirms other sources, so I give up, http://dextremes.com/sega/nowout.html

if anyone gets a hold of the VO Netlink Edition they don't want, tell me, I will take it off your hands and put it to good use.

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:10 pm:

***many minutes later***

Problem solved, videogametrader.com had the netlink version I wanted and only $10 and found some other stuff I wanted. How often do you guys use or even require the use of the DC Mouse?

Anyone in the NYC area want to play VO via Netlink?

MK
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:16 am
quote : #21
Mr. Spank wrote:
How often do you guys use or even require the use of the DC Mouse?

It's perfect for browsing the internet on the Dreamcast, but I hardly do that... There aren't a lot of FPS's that support the mouse. Outtrigger, Half Life, Quake III... am I forgetting anything? I don't have Outtrigger, I don't play Half-Life a lot, and I have no one to play Quake with. Confidential Mission supports a mouse if you don't have a lightgun... but what's the point in playing a lightgun game without the gun [I've got two Smile]? My mouse is mostly unused.
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:57 am
quote : #22
at this point, my VO: Netlink Edition is in the mail, my Twin Sticks have already arived. Except (as I mentioned in another post) the left stick is really loose! Does anyone know of a place that can help me with that? Site w/ instructions on how to fix my issue? Suggestions? I really don't want to order another set, I would rather fix the ones I have.

I believe DC Squares uses the mouse, not sure, I found the controller more than adequite.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:30 pm
quote : #23
MK wrote:
Mr. Spank wrote:

It's perfect for browsing the internet on the Dreamcast, but I hardly do that... There aren't a lot of FPS's that support the mouse. Outtrigger, Half Life, Quake III... am I forgetting anything? I don't have Outtrigger, I don't play Half-Life a lot, and I have no one to play Quake with. Confidential Mission supports a mouse if you don't have a lightgun... but what's the point in playing a lightgun game without the gun [I've got two Smile]? My mouse is mostly unused.

Unreal Tournametn! Fool! Mr. Green
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:04 pm
quote : #24
Chile wrote:
MK wrote:
Mr. Spank wrote:

Unreal Tournametn! Fool! Mr. Green

soldier of fortune! Fool! Laughing
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:33 pm
quote : #25
silent scope.

oh, fool.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:05 pm
quote : #26
well then I am not as big a fool as I though for buying it.

How about DC Squares?

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:10 pm:

back to the point really, here is a little something for those looking to live up the VO SS experience, since we were talking about the Netlink and I brought up a system bundle w/ netlink, I found a new bundle!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8181016246&fromMakeTrack=true
This is a great opportunity to get your hands on a first run SS (notice how the buttons and Sega logo are not the same as most SS' you will come across) WITH the Netlink and 2 games (ones I already have; VO:CT & Sega Rally) and a couple of aclaimed RPGs from that time.

And spread the word, if no body here wants it, someone else out there might. SEGA!