Previous  1, 2
Mastershake
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:57 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
limpbizkitfan943 wrote:
wouldn't it just read the zip drive as a humungormous VMU?

humungormous...nice word there Mr. Green

^_^
Steven
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:58 pm
quote : #17
I doubt it, the Zip Drive would probably most likely have a completely diffrent archutecture (sp?) than the VMU. i can't remember If sega showed the Zip Drive working with any games or not Mad

Games online with : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL), Star Lancer, F355 Challange

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 (PAL)
HUmar89
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:46 pm
quote : #18
Whats the TEc Toy E-mail address? I would like to send them an E-Mail aswell.
Posted:
Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:06 pm
quote : #19
Well, I am Brazilian and I can assure you that Tec Toy is totally crappy.
If there weren't pirate games here, most of Brazilians would never get a Sega Saturn or a Dreamcast. They only released like 20 games or each console here (and almost none of them were really good) and that was it.
They sold Dreamcast's modems here for a while, but what about the online games? Only 2 or 3. What about the keyboard? When you called/mailed to complain, they always said that the game has a software keyboard, so there was no need for a real keyboard!
Besides that, they also sold Daytona USA with supposedly online racing, but do I need to say it never worked? When you complaint, they always said something like "We contacted Sega and they said it is working 100%. Check your ISP settings and try again".
After all that said, if you guys still want to contact them and if you don't get a reply because you e-mailed them in English, just PM the message with their e-mail address and I'll translate it to them.
Martianviking, you are right. We use PAL-M here, which sometimes causes problems when you try to play NTSC games on Brazilians Dreamcasts (games from the American continent are supposed to work in any American Dreamcasts). In some random games the screen was pushed down, making its top all black and you can't see the bottom of the game screen.
Posted:
Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:07 pm
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wasn't Duke Nukem 3D released for the Sega Genesis in Brazil?

-Mytho

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:02 pm
quote : #21
Yea it was, and DOOM was released on Genesis in Brazil as well.

souLLy
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:02 pm
quote : #22
nah, the software wouldn't be able to handle it unless it was programmed specifically for it.
look at the 4x dc cards available, they have switches so it only ever shows the regular vmu capacity at any one time. some games would have probs some wouldnt, if you use speud's vmu tool you can squeeze some extra blocks out of a regular vmu- but cards with this enabled have problems with certain games such as pso v2 and sa2 i think.