Topic: DC-X Converter Question

Page 1 of 1
Pilot02003
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:27 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
DC-X Conrverte, where can i find it? and is an Xploder Disk or Utopia Dicsk just as effective?

Me
Dark Slayer 5000
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:35 pm
quote : #2
The DC-X is just as good as the Utopia disc. My friend has the DC-X and it works fine, but I'd rather go for the Utopia than shell out $15. Here's a link...

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=136&products_id=1099&&

Pilot02003
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:46 pm
quote : #3
yeah i have that place on a link, i was under the impression that the DC-X was a Mod Chip...but okay, im going to buy it then Very Happy Thank you

Me
SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:42 pm
quote : #4
from what i keep hearing, utopia kinda screws some games up like in pso v2 you cant use moons. it may very well be worth the money unless you want to go with downloading an xploder or gameshark cdx. those boot imports beautifully.
Posted:
Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:15 am
quote : #5
So the DC-X Sucks as well as Utopia? Im not planning on getting a Utopia disk, but i was going to order a DC-X Boot Disk.

Me
MK
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:48 pm
quote : #6
So... Xploder/CodeBreaker can boot import games? How?

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:05 pm
quote : #7
DC-Xploder is not a bad disc, and from what I understand it works very well as an import game boot disc. Utopia is the boot disc to use for burned copies that do not self-boot.

Personally, I have a Gameshark Lite CD that I use to boot my PAL copy of Phantasy Star Online, as well as other import games. For that, it works remarkably well. It also comes with pre-loaded cheat codes for a ton of games, although I never use that portion.

I think you'll do fine with either a Gameshark, DC-X, or Codebreaker CD to boot import games. Ebay is a good place to compare prices on them and find good deals.

How are my little crackers doing today?
martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:13 pm
quote : #8
SoldierBlade wrote:
from what i keep hearing, utopia kinda screws some games up like in pso v2 you cant use moons. it may very well be worth the money unless you want to go with downloading an xploder or gameshark cdx. those boot imports beautifully.

Exactly. Utopia is an imperfect solution.

The Utopia bootloader is free and it works fine for booting some import games (Super Puzzle Fighter II X for example), but it has the above-stated problem with PSO. The Utopia disc is also incapable of booting some other import games, such as the JP version of Street Fighter III: Third Strike.

If you want a reliable disc to boot import games with, get yourself a DC-X, GameShark, and/or Codebreaker disc.