Topic: treamcast?

Page 1 of 1
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i'm seriously considering getting a treamcast. i'm just not sure yet, i haven't met neone who even knows someone who owns it so i don't know its reliability etc. etc. plus, its pretty pricey so i'd like to know if i should get this sexy sleek treamcast or a sexy sleek new ipod. if ne1 could help me out with my dillema it would be greatly appreciated. thnx.
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:56 pm
quote : #2
an ipod because, its music, the other is just a dreamcast, can talk now, must report on book!
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:02 pm
quote : #3
Chile wrote:
an ipod because, its music, the other is just a dreamcast, can talk now, must report on book!

just a dreamcast? Shocked Shocked Shocked blasphemies! Razz
banned!
Posted:
Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:10 pm
quote : #4
Close call, DC for sure. I was almost going to say get the Ipod but then i realized that the DC is so much more bang for your buck not to mention its 100% portable to put in a car, a small room or some other place you might goto and want to play some DC games while there, like a friends house. I mean playing Shenmue going 60 down the highway or listening to "Im a Barbie Girl" Very Happy , I think we all know which gets kicked to the curb. For the cost compared to the Ipod you see how big of a rip off it is (no one in there life time needs that much space for music thus is a waste of money!), get the DC you will not regret it, pick up a cheaper mp3 player another day.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:52 pm
quote : #5
ok i have time now! I don't have an ipod, i have a dell dj. It is $100 cheaper and is only .75 cm bigger in height and 2 ounces heavier than an ipod, so basically you are paying for the name. Get the Dell DJ 20GB instead!

Last edited by Chile on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
quote : #6
I have a Treamcast. Mine was made pretty shoddy, but works fine. When I opened it, I noticed that it wasn't assembled properly and the power supply PCB was broken. Fortunately, the circuit wasn't damaged.
I like the Treamcast, but almost never use it. It's more of a collector's item for me that I only use on special occasions.
I'd give this advice to anyone looking to buy one: Make sure you purchase from a reputable dealer. If you get one from some shady source and it's not put together right or doesn't work, you may be out of luck for getting an exchange. Just buy from a dealer that you can trust and you won't regret the purchase. It's a nice peice of equipment. Smile

-Ex

P.S.
Expounding on DCMagic's point... How sweet would it be to take a treamcast to a friends house to do some vs. link?
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:05 pm
quote : #7
I don't have a Treamcast, so I cannot speak to it's quality. If you're interested in an iPod, I would suggest looking at either Creative Labs 40 MB Nomad, which I do own, or a Dell Juke Box. I bought the 40 MB Nomad for $239, which is around $50-$60 cheaper than a 20 MB iPod. It's received good reviews, and it's easy to use with its dial selector. Just do some comparing before you buy.

Now, if I could just find a good deal on a Treamcast...

How are my little crackers doing today?
lanzarlaluna
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:46 pm
quote : #8
kingofgrills wrote:
I don't have a Treamcast, so I cannot speak to it's quality. If you're interested in an iPod, I would suggest looking at either Creative Labs 40 MB Nomad, which I do own, or a Dell Juke Box. I bought the 40 MB Nomad for $239, which is around $50-$60 cheaper than a 20 MB iPod. It's received good reviews, and it's easy to use with its dial selector. Just do some comparing before you buy.

Now, if I could just find a good deal on a Treamcast...

I think you mean GB, not MB.
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:54 pm
quote : #9
I think you're right. My bad. Anyway, it has tons of space.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:09 pm
quote : #10
I think the treamcast is very nice. It does seem somewhat of a novelty. If I owned one I'd probably be really proud but hardly ever use it.

I did buy a treamcast controller though. They're really funky with the interchangable d-pads and microswitches that make that 'click' sound. Helps with Marvel vs Capcom 2!!

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:06 pm
quote : #11
well thanx you guys are completely divided...i guess i'll have to get a nomad and a treamcast...ne of you want to help me pay? Mr. Green Razz