Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
essej
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
sometimes local conditions permit unusual situations. for example, as hard as it is for the public at large to find Starlancer, for a couple of months and a couple of months ago, they flowed like water where i live.

i'm sure there are games near you, though and too, that i've never, ever been able to lay my hands on. rare isn't always rare everywhere.

i think i'm proposing a sticky thread where people can make requests for games, things they're looking for, etc, and anyone who's interested in helping can just keep their eyes open and if they happen to notice that their local establishments have something that someone far away wants, they could work some arrangement out between themselves for the one to buy it and ship it and the other to pay for it (tipping/finder's fee optional, i suppose).

this isn't the kind of thing i think would normally work, but i really feel like this is a tightly-knit-enough community that i wouldn't be at all hesitant to, for example, paypal nikon ten bucks to grab a copy of skies of arcadia he saw for sale on the cheap at a flea market or something.

there's a little work involved. it would involve an extra trip to the post office, sure. but. you'd be able to help your fellow 'caster, and if you do your part then the whole idea will really take off and when someone finds that boxed copy of Seaman for $8 you'll be able to take advantage of the fact that we have a community, too.

it's as simple as a sticky thread and some enthusiasm.

what do you think, folks?

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:35 pm
quote : #2
uh, i don't think it will happen, but you could just make a thread about it like a guy did to sell Shenmue 2 did recently
banned!
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:51 pm
quote : #3
Why not? Go for it.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:28 pm
quote : #4
oh yeah go for it, i'm not trying to bring dow n your spirits, but there is just a lot he is doing to make the site better, like all this new content
rank 20
Posted:
Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:52 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
It would be kind of nice, as the only way for us to do that now is to either create a new thread stating that you're looking for something/found something, or put what you're looking for in your signature...

mytocles
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:27 pm
quote : #6
Hi,

many forum sites have a separate place for trading - go here and check out the one at www.consolegold.com

http://consolegold.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=5

if it doesn't work, just go to the main page, then go to the bottom of the page, and where it says "select a forum", then choose "game trading" - it worked great at Gonegold.com (which may have died and been reborn as consolegold.com, not sure what happened but everyone who used to post at gonegold now posts at consolegold. anyway, check it out , it works fine there, it should work here... oh, and sometimes the "trade" is for cash when that works best...

regards,

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they!