Page 1 of 1
beatdown
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
Are Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis for Dreamcast direct ports of the Dreamcast games, like 100% identical pretty much? Any new features, and upgrades or anything?
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:31 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Pretty much. They upped the resolution a wee bit, but if you're interested in playing RE2 it's obvious your not a graphics whore. Your EKG reading displays on the VMU, which is kinda handy, but it's worthless if you play in the dark, the way the RE series should be played.

It's got Battle Mode and Puru-puru support, so it's basically RE2:Director's Cut on the PS.

beatdown
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:34 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
so they are pretty much direct pc ports, with the vmu health indicator

puru-puru?

like in 2, it includes the A scenarios for each character, and the b scenarios also, just like in the PS version.. like to get Leons B scenario, you have to play as Claires A scenario
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:02 pm
quote : #4
"Puru-Puru" = Supposedly the sound that the Japanese say that the force-feedback pack makes when it rumbles. Thus, "Puru Puru Pack" = Identical version of US/EU "Jump Pack."

(Pretty much all that I can comment on in this thread, other than the fact that I've been reminded to get RE3:Nemesis ever since watching RE:Apocalypse. RE:CV got me into RE; I need to give RE3 another chance since it was the one that I wanted to play in the first place!.)
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:27 pm
quote : #5
Einhander sumed them up good. I suggest Alone in the Dark for the DC which looks like a Xbox game, simply amazing game that few ppl know about I think you would like.