Topic: =dreamsnes horrors=

Page 1 of 1
deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:25 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i just goy my copy of dreamsnes which had 3 discs on them it took me a while to figure out how to run the thing on the dreamcast which was pretty whack from the start but anyway you cant even play this thing normally since the game keeps stopping and going all the time to the point where you have to turn off everything well not everything on the options menu and you still have the same effects as having the sound on only this time its the same thing only with no sound.heck the nester emulator for dc fair better than the dreamsnes.plus for all those Xbox owners out there how come the ones ive seen on some stores that had there Xbox modified can play these snes emulators with no problem at all unlike the one for dc which has a lot of slowdown matrix mode going on Evil or Very Mad

p.s. now before i get those death threats or go to jail card here im not hating on the dc or Xbox at all im just a little Mad that someone out there would put out an emulator for dc to play snes games only to found out you have to indure the massive matrix mode slowdown fiesta of horror that's just not right you might as well not put the thing out there and put the damn thing on the nearest trash can oh and another thing about the emulator before i forgot the damn thing didnt even had any mega man games on them thats just sad Mad

icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:01 am
quote : #2
Hey, they're working on it, and, someone out there must want to try it. I'm certain that the programmer(s) post the status and any notes on anything that they release, so, if you weren't warned about any possible issues then it's probably because whoever gave you the discs (or what have you) didn't mention the fact that it's not to the level of playing on an actual SNES...

And, my impression is that the XB is not only more powerful hardware-wise than the DC, but, it's also based on a PC, running a variation of Windows 2000. It's most likely a lot easier to port something from PC to XB than it is for PC to DC, simply because of the differences in the hardware, not to mention the DC's more specialized hardware. I thought that the XB has a 700 MHz Intel Pentium 3 inside of it, while the DC has a 200 MHz Hitachi SH-4 something-or-other which speaks a completely different language.

Anyway, I can understand your frustration, but, remember that back in the SNES days, there wasn't anything available to, say, play NES games on a Genesis. The fact that we have people making their own applications for gaming systems today, especially ones that recreate the functionality of other game systems, is pretty neat.

This could also be an opportunity for you! Want to program a better SNES emulator? Go for it! Cool

In the meantime, maybe you could try those Bleem! packs out. The official ones for Tekken 3, Gran Turismo 2, and Metal Gear Solid, that is. I hear that they're done right, and done well. Otherwise, I hear that there's a new version of an SNES emulator for DC being released sometime around when 2005 hits, which should be quite impressive. Or, get an SNES. I am! Wink

(Note: I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do, or how anything is, or anything like that. Seriously; I've never owned an SNES, yet I've thought that they were cool ever since Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2!)
deadmanshand
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:19 am
quote : #3
nah i already have a snes system my self which is sitting right next to my genesis collecting dust.and hopefully that new snes emulator would be a lot better than the ones they have now for dc.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:19 pm
quote : #4
Type: Pal
I have dreamsnes and I know nothing of emulating but mine seems to work fine. Mine isnt on 3 disks just one I bought it from a dodgy market and Ive happily played super tennis on it til 5 in the morning with visiting relatives. Also played 10 odd hours of crono trigger with no problems. ONly problem I found was not all the games worked, just a few didnt. Besides that I was very happy with it.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:19 pm
quote : #5
Burtcalc, I thought you were dead.
Posted:
Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:35 am
quote : #6
just a word of caution, not sure if it applies to the DC or not....
many people in the ps2 repair business warn against using emulators and copies because they can make the laser (presumably the motor?) work harder to read the discs. they swear that it can wear it out sooner.
i have not idea if it's true (though it seems to make common sense) - or if the same could could be true of the DC.

either way, Good Luck,

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they!
Holiday
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:38 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
They improve dreamsnes with every release. It does run a bit choppy but most games are playable on the newest version (0.9.Cool. If you got an older version it might run slower then the newer one. You are really better off running SNES/Genesis and up emulators on a newer system or a PC. DC runs NES games and the like fine but there will be a drop in speed on systems newer then that.

http://www.dcemulation.com/dcemu-dreamsnes.htm

I have been playing burned stuff on DC for 2 years now without any GD-ROM problems. The PS2 is just prone to hardware problems man, that’s why the Resident Evil series left the console. Not trying to flame, I don’t have a problem with PS2.