Topic: Half-life?

Page 1 of 2
Aceman1126
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:24 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
So you all think it was some myth, or that it was a hoax? Well I can tell you for 100% sure that it is NOT fake, and that it kicks ass. The only things missing were multiplayer support and support for the Panther controller... which pissed me off since it was SUPPOSED to have both. ( and the instrustions that came with my panther have the controlls for Half-Life! Sadly it doesnt work though) I know it got scrapped and it wasn't finished so I didn't expect too much, but damn.... thats the ONLY two things missing. If they got that fixed and could somehow shorten the loading times it would have ruled. What I want to know is this: are mods possible for it? Could something like Counter Strike work on it? Probably not. But it would rock. Man, if this was put out with multiplayer support it might have helped the DC a LOT. Let me know if you guys are interested in a copy of it... I got the mad hook up. ^_- Hahaha! But just make sure you have a massive memmory card.. this game eats blocks alive! I have an interact card that can upload saves to my pc so I'm cool but a regular VMU wont hold game saves after a while. LEt me know what ya think!
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:52 am
quote : #2
i was thinking the same thing. counterstrike on DC would own. theres a reacuring rumor that theres a beta or dev copy out there, but you know what they say about rumors. i dont think it would be imposable on the homebrew front, but im sure it would be pretty difficult.
when does the save file begin to grow beyond the vmu's capacity? id better get going on a 4x.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Aceman1126
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 am
quote : #3
Well it seems pretty random as far as when it gets huge, but i think it depends on WHERE you save. I'm not sure though. I just upload my save, delete my card and save again. It's weird though. If you've played it you'd know what I'm talking about. But yeah CS would totally rock on DC. I love playin it on my pc.

EDIT: Oh and like I said before, anyone that still hasn't played HL for DC (technically its caleld Half-Life Gold) drop me and email. I'll see what I can do. Oh and I just got my DC to PC dial-up server working and my DC is on my LAN via the original 56k modem! I never could afford $100+ for a BBA so I found and alt. way of getting on. It's really easy to do. Let me know if anyone needs help.
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:44 am
quote : #4
ayo aceman, hook it up dawg. lemme git a piece of da action
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:24 am
quote : #5
Yeah I'd like a copy... and yes, Sierra was planning a release of CS (online) about a year after half life was supposed to ship. But HL died, and so did CS. If you want to play it, HL is on PS2 with co-op 2 player, and CS is comming out on Xbox Live.

An old news blurb about the DC's HL:
http://edition.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/12/01/half.life.idg/index.html

Laters.

DRBagabundo
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:03 am
quote : #6
HL wuz suppossed ta come out in sum boxset wit a lotta otha shit
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:50 pm
quote : #7
What stuff?

Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:20 pm
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
well on the warez DChalflife there are some comand line codes you can enter to jump around levels and enter the multiplayer maps. They are full of weps too. no respawn points though.

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:19 pm
quote : #9
I heard the load times for this game are just terrible.

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:26 pm
quote : #10
They are incredibly long because the developers (Sierra) did not incorporate a load time compressant into the game and left the load times in early form. (I think, at least. I heard this somewhere...) CS on DC would be sweet! I was at a place called GameScape the other day w/ a friend of mine, it's a place where you can play online games through the net or over a LAN (with superfast comps)...we were the only ones there, so we played through the net and I played some CS (they had CS, BF1942+expansions, UT2003, AA, and others) and pwned. CS could've really helped out the DC online scene though. damn shame it never happened.
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:34 pm
quote : #11
Imagine how laggy it would of been. Unless everyone was on BBA it would of sucked.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:48 pm
quote : #12
lets not assume anything, assumeing makes a ass out of you and me ... lol if you don't get that your not old enough to be here at OC Very Happy

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:51 pm
quote : #13
No it doesn't. Assuming is good.

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:25 pm
quote : #14
hey aceman email me at tony200420042003@yahoo.com and tell me where you got half-life for dc.
Posted:
Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:27 pm
quote : #15
You can get it off Kazaa, or DC++.