Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Douglas Carroll
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey everyone!!

I recently purchased the X-Arcade arcade stick, and was suprised to discover that there is a Dreamcast adaptor sold on the website. I am planning on purchasing the Dreamcast adaptor and am looking forward to some real arcade play with Gauntlet Legends on my twin-stick X-Arcade. Does anyone else have one of these great sticks connected to their Dreamcast?

Douglas

P.S. For more info, check out his link...

http://www.x-arcade.com/dreamcast.shtml

Smile

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:00 pm
quote : #2
I don't have anything that big of a behemoth but this, but that is really cool man.
rank 25
Posted:
Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:29 pm
quote : #3
man look at that beast. arcade experiance at its finest. you should be a bad ass at mvc2.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:39 am
quote : #4
Sad its so overprized here 165,- EUR and 35,- for adapter...... lucky US m8s.
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:31 am
quote : #5
Hello again!

It is really not that expensive if you put the purchase in the proper perspective. I now use this stick for all of my gaming. I use it for regular computer games, Mame, Atari 2600 emulation games, and also my Dreamcast. Yeah, I thought it was expensive at first also, but after I got the stick and started using it I could not believe how much better all my games controlled and how much more fun I had playing them. I am a firm believer that your game playing enjoyment is in direct relationship to the type of controller you are using. Also, this is the last controller I will EVER buy for these types of games. It is guaranteed against breaking forever and I cannot imagine ever needing anything other than this. Soooooo, if you look at it from that perspective, it is really a pretty good deal money wise!

Douglas

Smile

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:49 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
that controll does look a beast but i think the buttons need to be a little bit further away from the stck but thts just my opinion. Very Happy
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:59 pm
quote : #7
Hey, that made me think of something... I want a joystick that is made in such a way that my arms can be at rest to my sides, sort of the length of distance between the armrests in one of those comfortable business chairs, except with sort of an "action" focus. People would probably play better and last longer if they could expand their chests and have a comfortable, natural reach for the controls... am I right? Cool

(I just imagined myself playing some 2D fighting game, focused on a television screen, but with my arms to the sides as I control my character with a solid joystick to my left and buttons to my right... )

This post is completely unnecessary. Ugh.