Topic: dual shock?

Page 1 of 1
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:55 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
hello all its been a while since i've posted. neway, at dreamcasthistory.com they have at their store an "dual shock" dreamcast controller. I have no idea how this would work or anything, but it looks totally sweet. has ne1 round here picked it up or at least knows some more info on it? heres the actual link: http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/dch_store.shtml
sry if this has already been talked about, neway this thing, if it works at all looks like it would kick major ass and allow me to own unreal tournament Twisted Evil
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:01 pm
quote : #2
According to the picture, it just looks like an uglier Dreamcast commercial that just might have built-in rumble features.
Posted:
Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:26 am
quote : #3
ehh, but you can't see the right side of the controller, so hopefully, unless this is blatant false advertizing, there lies another analog stick. ::crosses fingers::
unknown
Posted:
Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:59 pm
quote : #4
it would only be false advertising if it were called dual analogue stick controller not dual shock controller. it simply means that it has the same vibration technology as the dual shock ps1/2 controllers, ie one under each hand, one for small vibrations one for larger ones.
Posted:
Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:07 pm
quote : #5
I saw an auction for that "Dual Shock" controller on Ebay a while back. It's just another conventional 3rd party Dreamcast controller, and it doesn't have a second analog stick as it's name might imply to some. Based on the sketchy box, I don't think you'll find the quality controller you're hoping for.

If you're looking for a good 3rd party regular controller, the one I really like is the Mad Catz Dream Pad controller. It's built extremely well and is very comfortable with rubber coated analog stick and grips. Plus, most importantly, it has a great digital control pad and 6 button setup on the controller face that mimics the ASCII Fighting Pad and Saturn controller. Having the extra set of buttons on the face means not having to use the triggers for strong attacks, and that works extremely well for the slew of 2d and 3d fighting games available from Capcom, SNK, and others.

How are my little crackers doing today?
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:12 pm
quote : #6
yeah man, i second that, madcatz dreampad all the way, i never liked the normal pads with a mere 4 buttons, the z and c buttons as he mentioned makes 2d fighters incredibly easier to do. i have a new one on the way soon.
Posted:
Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:27 pm
quote : #7
ultrapro wrote:
yeah man, i second that, madcatz dreampad all the way, i never liked the normal pads with a mere 4 buttons, the z and c buttons as he mentioned makes 2d fighters incredibly easier to do. i have a new one on the way soon.

I have that controller a chance. The 6 buttons was nice, the shitty d-pad wasn't. I just got an Agetec Arcade Stick and everything was okay. Plus, the "reprogram" button was WAY too close to the face buttons. I can't tell you how many times I was playing vigorously and suddenly the A button was switched with the X button.
Posted:
Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:33 am
quote : #8
yeah that pisses me off, but the pad works really well for me. i prefer the analogue stick more than anything else. when its not getting stuck (cos some of them do get stuck, just hit em and they go back inline) i would rather use the analogue stick on my madcatz dreampad than any steering wheel i own for driving games.
Posted:
Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:28 am
quote : #9
i do, in fact own the dreampad and it is by far my favorite controller for the dreamcast. theres no real button clutter and the pad looks purty. plus, it doesn't hurt your thumb after extensive playing like all the other controllers. the only real problem is that i've worn out the analog stick so the rubbers kinda falling off Embarassed hehe. neway, i'll be skipping this controller if it doesn't have 2 analog sticks. does this mean that the only way to get a dual analog stick controller is using the ps controllers w/ an adapter?
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:39 am
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U/C
That controller does not have 2 analog sticks. Dual shock just means dual rumble.

The PS2 controller convertor does not allow for 2 analog sticks to be used on the Dreamcast.

The Dreamcast was not meant to use 2 analogs. Games were not programmed for it, and the dreamcast controller never featured a second analog.

The only way to play a Dreamcast game is with 1 analog, as thats all they were programmed for.

The PS2 controller will work with the proper convertor. However the RIGHT analog stick is left dead.