Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I just read this old thread and I was like WOW! So I decided to post the same topic over again with the same exact news! In March 05' the small company...

wait... nm, I lied (got ya ben! Laughing ) Here is some NEW news... I asked them what projects they were working on and I got back this... they are homebrew company (not Japanese, German based if you all didn't know, but the site does kinda look like those half-ass small Japanese developer ones that I have visited so many times... so maybe someone was confused...)

"1. Karugamo is on ice (problem with the original developer)

2. current Project Boo Battle release???? summer or later
picture and videos coming at april

3. cant say the titel becaus the contract is not made,
its a convertion of a PC shooter

4. when i have time i make Blue Sabers 2

there are mor than this 3 project, but one after one Smile"

I kid you not, that is literally what I got, and I always thought Germans knew English well... never meet one who hasn't...

Well there is some news you all, however I think the thread is more of a satire then anything...
Satire-
A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.

Power to the search button!!! Mr. Green
Its amazing how few ppl use the thing, and its so handy.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:22 am
quote : #2
DreamcastMagic wrote:

I kid you not, that is literally what I got, and I always thought Germans knew English well... never meet one who hasn't...

lol perfect example of bad typo. and btw, my bad i thought it wasn't a homebrew.
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:14 am
quote : #3
another link http://www.project-firestorm.com/karugamo/kg.html
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:31 pm
quote : #4
pakkitman wrote:
DreamcastMagic wrote:

lol perfect example of bad typo. and btw, my bad i thought it wasn't a homebrew.

hey now Very Happy
lol

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:49 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
I always wondered what was up with them. I never knew if they were a real company or what. I still don't understand them. I guess they are porting games in the hopes that some company will give them the ok and then have another company publish the game? Weird stuff. They should start making original games. Would be less of a gamble.
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:06 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
I always wondered what was up with them. I never knew if they were a real company or what. I still don't understand them. I guess they are porting games in the hopes that some company will give them the ok and then have another company publish the game? Weird stuff. They should start making original games. Would be less of a gamble.

Ya, and the website design and info up there is SO BAD...which is why i was forced to e-mail them so I understand what the heck they are doing.... and even know im kinda like huh? Smile

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:53 pm
quote : #7
i stole this off the firestorm forum in a convo between admin. and icepick. icepick asked what was the difference betw. the games and this is the reply.
Quote:
Karugamo (PC) is developed by Marron Glace Ura
Karugamo (DC) will be from project-firestorm

the leveldesign will be very different
but the graphic will be the same (if possible)
the PC graphic ist very big
so needs the 1 level 8-10 MB
the result is that the loading time is very long
40 sec bevor the sage and 10 sec, in the midle of the stage.

40 second loading times Shocked and 10 seconds in the middle??? Shocked Shocked ick. anyway are they trying to make contact with the original publisher/developer of the game, or are they hiding under the moniker of an "emulation team"?
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:41 pm
quote : #8
40 second loading time is that bad man, calm down.

Anyways, this games sounds awesome and I'm gonna have to see if I can go and get my hands on a copy.
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:27 pm
quote : #9
Yea; Karugamo interested me a while ago, so much that I set "Karugamo: Wiederstand" as the power-on message on my phone, and even learned how to pronounce the latter word. Wink

Now, it reads "Believe Your Justice," which is only a slightly more appealing choice. Anyway; Maybe Project-Firestorm and Duranik could work together and make some awesome diagonal shooting game with 16-bit color graphics and 60-second loading times, with a game engine like Viewpoint and a game logo like Border Down. Laughing

(Really funny, I am.)
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:33 pm
quote : #10
icepick wrote:
Yea; Karugamo interested me a while ago, so much that I set "Karugamo: Wiederstand" as the power-on message on my phone, and even learned how to pronounce the latter word. Wink

Now, it reads "Believe Your Justice," which is only a slightly more appealing choice. Anyway; Maybe Project-Firestorm and Duranik could work together and make some awesome diagonal shooting game with 16-bit color graphics and 60-second loading times, with a game engine like Viewpoint and a game logo like Border Down. Laughing

(Really funny, I am.)

piifffff lol!!

the load times are terrible but it it homebrew...

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:40 am
quote : #11
yeah the 40 seconds isn't wat interests me it's the "ten seconds in the middle"? does that mean that i'll be shooting away and the game will freeze for like ten seconds before continuing? its just that it isn't clarified. but anyway seeing that their goal is to be as true to form (graphics wise) to the pc version, which looks purdy, is pretty cool. and the fact that it looks that nice for a homebrew is cool too.