1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 5:41 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hehehe just noticed my title rhymed. Well I just snagged a copy of US Virtual On Oratorio Tangram used for $20.00. So Once I get this I will be able to work on concluding my research I have been doing with Virtual On. (Which I won't get into right now, I will post details when they are available.)

Also! I tacked on a copy of Confidential Mission for 10 bucks. Used as well.

Been having to just pick up some used copies lately. Sealed are becoming harder to find, but mainly harder to find at a decent price. Idiots are inflating prices on sealed copies to like 60 and 70 dollers on most titles, and then other morons are matching the price as well. But....I guess thats the actual definition of inflation hehe Laughing So I can't really complain I guess.

But my theory is as of late. If I can get a used copy in decent condition now, and a sealed copy later down the road when the opportunity presents itself, then I should do that. Plus lately I have been realising sometimes you can get lucky and get a game that is near mint, for a used price.

I hope these games come with manuals, but for these prices on these 2 games I am just happy to acquire them. Confidential Mission is a borderline rare title. You can still find it, but its not super available.

Should be getting them here in a week or 2.
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 5:43 am
quote : #2
hey great news hope you really enjoy playing the game and that you manage to do whatever it is you want to do with it.
Very Happy

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 5:49 am
quote : #3
so have you never played it before mate?? i was under the assumption that you had. its an awesome game with some truly amazing graphics but god damn is it a hard game. i cant wait to hear back about your research.
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 5:54 am
quote : #4
Noooo, I have most definatly played VOOT. I own an original Japanese version as well as multiple back up copies. I have a dreamcast VS Link cable and 2 sets of Virtual On sticks. I am a really big fan of the Virtual On series and have every version(Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2). Interesting thing is both my Saturn and Dreamcast versions are imports hehe. BUT! I scored a crazzzzy deal on the Saturn version. $14.99 brand new sealed! Another thing I want to test when I get this US copy, is if it will system link to my JP original. Have never tried systemlinking games from different regions yet.

So yea, I am no VOOT NOOB Wink

What I havn't played yet is Confidential Mission. I have a backup of it sitting on a harddrive but never burned it yet. So when I boot up the copy that is on its way, I will have played it for the first time. I can't wait to try it.
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 5:57 am
quote : #5
confidential mission is an awesome light gun game. its very inovative. you do more than just shoot people. i havent played it in a while but it was a lovely little title. i got it ages ago on the high street.

so how hard do you find voot nikon? i find it nye on impossible to play.
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 6:09 am
quote : #6
Yea voot is a challenging game but I can play it just fine. I admit the game is hard but I can play it rather well, even with a Dreamcast controller. Playing with the twinsticks is optimal though. You really just have to know the games mechanics and then it becomes second nature. You sort of have to have eyes in the back of your head, and must learn how to 'vector'. Which is navigating the map in diagonals to cut off your opponent for a good shot. To win you must be constantly moving when you are not shooting your attacks. So like I said, mastering the gameplay mechanics are really a must when playing this game.

But like you yourself already know(since you are a huge Ikaruga fan), a difficult game increases the range for improvement and skill.
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 6:17 am
quote : #7
that is true, but there are some games where if its too dificult for me personally i start to loose interest. with ikaruga i improved quite rapidly, but with voot i kept trying it and was doing quite poorly so i gave up after a while. still practice does make perfect and i guess if i were to go back and give it some more time i'd get better at it. i just have sooo many games to master at the moment that i dont know when that would be.
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 12:48 pm
quote : #8
Nikon, great finds on both games! You live VOOT, so I won't need to go into that one, but I think you'll like Confidential Mission too. It was my very first light gun game on Dreamcast, and it's still my favorite. Some people have said that it's too short, but I haven't gotten through it yet, so it's fine for me. I don't believe in using auto fire or loading options, so I just do it the old fashioned carpel tunnel way.

Do you have a light gun now? I assume so, but if not try to get the Mad Catz Light Blaster. It's nearly identical in design to the official light gun released abroad, and it's officially licensed by Sega, so it's basically the official light gun for the US market. I also owned an Interact Starfire gun, but I sold it since it was far less accurate than my Mad Catz guns.

Anyway, great finds! Enjoy!

How are my little crackers doing today?
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 1:28 pm
quote : #9
i dont remember seeing any light gun released over in the uk that was officially sega other than the madcatz one. unless a sega one was released, but i never saw it in the shops. i love my mad catz gun!! and confidential mission is a great game.
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 7:17 pm
quote : #10
ultrapro wrote:
i dont remember seeing any light gun released over in the uk that was officially sega other than the madcatz one. unless a sega one was released, but i never saw it in the shops. i love my mad catz gun!! and confidential mission is a great game.

The Training levels in that game have put blisters on my fingers.
Posted:
Wed May 04, 2005 2:34 am
quote : #11
lordnikon,
is VOOT VGA compatible?
Posted:
Wed May 04, 2005 6:45 am
quote : #12
Thanks for the tips on a light gun, I still do not own one yet. Mainly because I do not own any original copies of light gun compatible games. Confidential Mission will be my first original copy of a light gun compatible game.

Cabou, as far as VOOT's vga cmpatibility, I will have to get back to you on that one. I have not yet tested my JP copy over VGA. Just my backups which are the ones I use for system link. However, I had to modify those ISO's to be vga compatible. I don't know if it was the fault of those who pirated it or what.

As soon as my US copy comes I will boot up both my retail JP and US copies on a monitor and let you know.

(My other monitor is hooked up to my audio box right now, cause I have this client project I am working on.)
Posted:
Wed May 04, 2005 7:18 am
quote : #13
ok thanks lordnikon,
in the mean time, u could perhaps just try to boot your jap VOOT copy via DC-X or Code breaker,
these two boot discs allow to get the VGA mode from any game region, playing on any DC region...
and sometimes even on "non-originally VGA compatible games" (the progressive scan is forced)

by the way, no indication of VGA compatibilty on box ?
Posted:
Thu May 05, 2005 10:56 am
quote : #14
cabou wrote:
ok thanks lordnikon,
in the mean time, u could perhaps just try to boot your jap VOOT copy via DC-X or Code breaker,
these two boot discs allow to get the VGA mode from any game region, playing on any DC region...
and sometimes even on "non-originally VGA compatible games" (the progressive scan is forced)

by the way, no indication of VGA compatibilty on box ?

I can't look into anything until I am done with this client project. My stuff is all disconnected.
Posted:
Thu May 05, 2005 1:18 pm
quote : #15
My US VOOT works on my VGA Box.