Page 1 of 4
Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 4:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just received my copy of Headhunter today and HOLY S***! I had it for PS2 before the DC, but I never really played past the part where he's running through the hall at the beginning, past the training mission.

I'm loving it! I highly recommend this game.

Excellent graphics! This game completely blew me out of the water with its visuals. I've been spending most of my time riding the motorcycle around. I got it to a canal area where I've been practicing with it. If I didn't know it was Headhunter, I would have said Tommy Vercetti on a PPG (GTA: VC reference). ( I love how you get to ride it right away, and can do donuts with it Very Happy)

The game just rocks. My first PAL game as well. I'm really impressed with the dual disk case. Very cool looking.

If the DC had a few more games like this, it might have made it just that much longer. This kind of game is exactly what shows the DC's competence.

Check it out here: http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/163/163236p1.html

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 5:28 pm
quote : #2
Yeah, Headhunter is one of my favourites for the DC, nice graphics, great story and a pretty good length and also quite amusing at times (or I thought so anyway).

I forget that a lot of you havent really ever seen a European DC case, which (being in the UK) I take for granted. I have to say that despite the fact the EU cases are very fragile and difficult to replace, they are also very nice and really make a DC game stand out, and being blue and the european logo colour just makes it even better, I have always really liked the cases, but I just wish they had designed them a little better.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the rest of the game, which Im sure you will Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm
quote : #3
wonderful game, i am ashamed that i have only completed it once. it really is a bench mark game, it makes other games of the type look like pong in comparisson. its first rate action and story make it a must own game.
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 7:05 pm
quote : #4
The soundtrack kicks ass, too. Hell, I often just leave the game on pause during motorcycle segments to listen to the badass orchestration.
Posted:
Tue May 03, 2005 10:31 pm
quote : #5
Headhunter is definitely one of my favorites. The high production quality is just stellar, and it makes everything in the game just shine through. The motorcycle riding is really just a minor part of the game, not even vital to the storyline, but it's easily the best motorcycle racing to be found on the Dreamcast. If you're just getting going in the game, hang onto your hat, because it keeps getting better.

It's a shame that Headhunter was one of the final releases for the Dreamcast, because it is an outstanding action adventure game that really raised the bar by showcasing the console's storyline capabilities. Now, I need to get a hold of Headhunter: Redemption for the PS2, so I can play the sequel.

How are my little crackers doing today?
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed May 04, 2005 12:03 am
quote : #6
yes, this game is very good. proof that the DC was pulled all too soon.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Wed May 04, 2005 1:11 am
quote : #7
hey cool that you really like the game and it sure sounds great so that hope you get to play it all and have loads of fun with it .
by the way yeah the cases are cool but for the fact that they kind of break quite easily so adivise dont let it drop or it will be full of cracks in no time

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed May 04, 2005 2:24 am
quote : #8
now, see? headhunter redemption tries way too hard to beat the original and just falls well short. its a good game, i have it on xbox but its just soul less compared to the original. for starters you dont play as jack for about 70% of the game and when you do he doesnt control anywhere near as well as the dreamcast original. its an ok game but its got nothing on the original. and the graphics imho are better on the dc version.
Posted:
Thu May 05, 2005 4:05 pm
quote : #9
ultrapro wrote:
now, see? headhunter redemption tries way too hard to beat the original and just falls well short. its a good game, i have it on xbox but its just soul less compared to the original. for starters you dont play as jack for about 70% of the game and when you do he doesnt control anywhere near as well as the dreamcast original. its an ok game but its got nothing on the original. and the graphics imho are better on the dc version.

Shucks...i just bought HH Redemption for my XB. I loved HH for the DC and i hope HH:R won't ruin it!!!

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu May 05, 2005 4:26 pm
quote : #10
nah it doesnt ruin it, its just a bit soulless compared to the dc version, and of course no vr training or motor cycle sections that i have seen so far, its ok but imo its got nowt on the original. it has more puzzles and shit but it just keeps going and you tend to get tired of the same tricks being repeated.
Posted:
Thu May 05, 2005 6:23 pm
quote : #11
no motorcycles!!!! Shocked Crying or Very sad Surprised Mad
well, at least its got its decidedly "headhunter"-esque style about it.
rank 4
Posted:
Thu May 05, 2005 8:16 pm
quote : #12
ultrapro wrote:
no motor cycle sections

Real shame...that is no fun then. The motorcycle part was just amazing on HH, much better than the motorcycle crap Suzuki Alstare Laughing.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri May 06, 2005 2:00 am
quote : #13
well i guess my statement wasnt 100% true, you do see them ride a motorbike...... Rolling Eyes but you cant control it so far from what i've seen and im at 78% complete, i gave up for a bit now tho.
Posted:
Fri May 06, 2005 2:39 pm
quote : #14
Just an update. I've beaten the main Wolfpack Gang boss (Yeah, it's taken me awhile because I keep getting sidetracked with the motorcycle!). The rain effect on the roof was awesome. A really different feeling inside of the AMCO building. The dreary weather outside made it that much better. Really good setting. This game is killer.

Imagine Max Payne, Metal Gear Solid's Solid Snake, and Tommy Vercetti having a baby. This is what this is like.

I don't think I would have ever really played it on the PS2. It's great that it came out on the DC, at least over in Europe.

Off to get my ' B ' license!

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat May 07, 2005 12:59 pm
quote : #15
its not that tough that you get upset at it, but it is v challenging, the wolfpack battle on the roof got me going a few times cos he tends to try different movement patterns the last 4 times i've done it. this game is in my top 5 alongside halflife, shenmue 2, project justice and ikaruga. one of the many many killer aps for the dc.