Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
Previous  1, 2

Forum: StarLancer

Topic: how many people play this online?

Page 2 of 2
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:15 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
To get online, you need a Dreamcast Web Browser disk so that you can configure your dreamcast with your internet info like username, password, and dial up number. There is a chance that your internet service will not be compatible with a dreamcast. I am not sure what the list is, but there are some free usernames and passwords on this site you can use to get online.

Have you played the game in campaign mode? I recommend you do. When I first played online, I was owned. When I finally beat the game, my skills greatly improved and I started owning people on a few occasions.
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:13 pm
quote : #17
OrochiSonic wrote:
Got starlancer for chirstmas! (quake 3 is coming in the mail!)

Ok, how would I go online with this? Do I need to do something with gamespy or whatever? Any help would be appreciated. Hope to see you online, Saturday? Is that when you guys do starlancer? Oh boy can't wait! Very Happy

As long as you have your dreamcast configured to go online like Mertens said, then all you need is to put in Starlancer, hit deathmatch, and then it will dial to go online. Then the game list will come up. Very easy. Starlancer is extremly fun online and performs amazing. No lag, and when I mean no lag, I mean no lag. With 6 people playing the experience is fantastic.

Yes there will be a game this Saturday. I still have to post it. It will be posted shortly
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:14 pm
quote : #18
cool, but I already set that all up, as I've played some chu chu online before it went down. But yeah I'm gonna go practice up in the 1 player mode. Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:25 pm
quote : #19
OrochiSonic wrote:
cool, but I already set that all up, as I've played some chu chu online before it went down. But yeah I'm gonna go practice up in the 1 player mode. Very Happy

Yeah... poor ChuChu... *sob*

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:34 am
quote : #20
Hi, I've got this but i've not been on for a while.

Lonewolf meets ppl on Fridays at 9:00pm GMT, so i'll pop in tonight between 9-10.

I'm going to start playing this again, i really enjoyed it but kinda gave up a lot of games when i got a PS2 a few months ago. My New Year's resolution is to make the most of the DC onliners while i can.
See you soon i hope.

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:12 am
quote : #21
Wow, been playing starlancer, and it is easily one of the best games I got for chirstmas. The gameplay and story just drags me into this war torn future. I love it. Very fun. Very Happy
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:24 am
quote : #22
OrochiSonic wrote:
Wow, been playing starlancer, and it is easily one of the best games I got for chirstmas. The gameplay and story just drags me into this war torn future. I love it. Very fun. Very Happy

Yea it's really nice when you can pick up a game like StarLancer and experience something that many others around you are not. All these new games come out on the other consoles. Yet when you are fortunate to stumble upon such a great game as starlancer and get to play through it, you really get a nice treat.
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:50 am
quote : #23
If I can fix my Dreamcast's internet I will gladly join you! Very Happy

Psyvariar 2: The Will to Fabricate - February 26 2004
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:02 pm
quote : #24
If you really lone Starlancer, I suggest you atleast take a look at the PC version. There are a few gameplay movies at Lancer's Reactor. Appearently, the PC version was too much for the Dreamcast to handle, so they had to cut some stuff. The online play still rules on Dreamcast, but the single player missions have way more attention to detail and extras not seen in the Dreamcast version.

My sig has the best 3D space combat games. I swear you won't be disappointed with any of the games if you like Starlancer. I suggest Colony Wars, then Colony Wars(2): Vengeance for playstation.