Page 1 of 1
Juno
rank 2
Posted:
Mon May 16, 2005 8:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hmm...
Ok heres the deal, I checked out gamespot.com to see if half life was officaly releaced on Dreamcast. Ime pretty positive that it wasnt.
BUT!
I checked ebay and found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8192796614&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This is a link to a person that says he has a copy of the game on dreamcast format. And he says that it was never officaly releced. But then where the hell did he get a copy of it????
Right now it is only 10 dollars. If anyone here has an ebay account please ask him about this product, he is accepting questions

As you can tell (if you cecked it out) that there is no picture on the product so it could very easially be a hoax.
And again if anyone has ANY info that they would like to share, or has talked to this guy then please post it here.

Buy the way its actually Half Life Gold edition
Real or a Hoax? Help me decide.

Thanks,
Juno
Posted:
Mon May 16, 2005 8:51 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hoax 100%. You can download it online from select sources (It's been in circulation for quite some time now). He just burned a copy, and by saying "Dreamcast format," he/she means that it will work/boot on the Dreamcast.

Unless you're on 56K / don't have a burner / or can't find someone to burn you a copy for the cost of a CD, then this would be a good buy if he/she includes all the inserts and everything. Otherwise, it's not worth it.

Hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

gamzor
rank 8
Posted:
Mon May 16, 2005 9:34 pm
quote : #3
Not to mention it being illegal to sell it. just look on the internet, u can download it everywhere. IRC , torrent, etc.
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 12:18 am
quote : #4
I got my copy via bittorrent Mr. Green
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 2:06 am
quote : #5
its not a hoax as such, while it is illegal it is well known by all on the net that halflife never officially got released. however it was leaked onto the net for everyone to download for free. you should never part with money for this game unless its for postage as no one is aloud to make money off of it. i have had it for about a year and a half and i love it to bits.
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 3:39 pm
quote : #6
Thanks for the quick info guys!

I see, he just burned a copy of it. But does it have online multiplayer? Thats the only reason ide get it.
But i thought ebay prohibited people from selling illegal items. (i.e. stolen music on burned cd's, or in this case games.)
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 4:53 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
They don't allow it. They just can't check every listing. That's where people like us come in. We go ahead and report it to eBay.

Also, no, it doesn't have any online part to it.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 5:15 pm
quote : #8
There was supposed to be an online add-on if Half Life was successful. Alas, sweet memories.
rank 2
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 5:26 pm
quote : #9
ahh yes..
I read about the add on somewhere before. Somthing about a whole new single player campaign, and possiably online multiplayer. But since it was never finished i doubt you can find it anywhere.
Posted:
Tue May 17, 2005 6:18 pm
quote : #10
http://www.gamer.uk.com/movies/console/Half-Life_Dreamcast_1.avi
http://www.gamer.uk.com/movies/console/Half-Life_Dreamcast_2.avi
Posted:
Wed May 18, 2005 7:19 am
quote : #11
yea i saw those movies a while ago, but still watch 'em occasionally for the few glimpses of online play they have. btw, why is this in network tech?