Topic: A suggsion for Nikon...

Page 1 of 2
IMP@QT
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Why dont you spice things up by making one or two of your servers with mods. Something like InstaGib or freeze tag? Why not? Its boring playing the same thing over and over and over and over... And something where we can vote. Kick the lamer PC'ers who dont modify thier game to even out the advantage. Just a suggestion.

<----HEY LOOK! IM A ASTROBOY! X-P

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:33 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Not to speak for Nikon or anything, but there are quite a few instagib servers up and running already. I personally like Vanilla Q3, prefering it above any of the mods I've seen so far.

We do need to find a way to keep PC players off of DC servers, but that's a little more complicated than just allowing votes.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:45 pm
quote : #3
Also he runs great CTF servers, which almost no one else does. I'd say almost half of the server's up at a given time are modded. I play 'em when bored, but it's like playing a game with cheats: fun for a while, but not the same thing. Cool
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:48 pm
quote : #4
I certainly don't think its a good idea to add mods...lord keeps the servers so that Quake can be played how it was meant to be played, there are usually plenty of other servers offering mods, with the OC servers being some of the only servers which are unmodded.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:55 pm
quote : #5
my thoughts exactly. there are tonnes of modded servers out there and hardly any untarnished ones. i always prefer playing games the way they were meant to be, cheating just ruins the point/fun/challenge of any game.
Posted:
Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:13 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
Im also happy with the OC servers the way they are game wise. Only thing I would like to see is a different run of maps, I think Gaze of the abyss, bouncy map and longest yard follow in a row but not in that order. Thats a little tough on the lesser Q3 player like me and can result in very low frags.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:03 am
quote : #7
Yea I won't be adding any mods. All the other server admins are running modded servers.

Also I should point out, hehe....Its not like nobody else can put up a server. If you want modded servers, you or a friend with broadband can put up your own server with whatever mod you want. Smile The power is in your hands.

And to Blast, yes I should think about shaking up the map rotation a bit. Maybe when I add a TDM and DM server, to the list, I will make the new DM server one with more centralized maps, aka minus ones with too many jump pads like you said. Good idea I might add. And maybe I will come up with more ideas on making more unique map rotations in the future.
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:30 am
quote : #8
well, i play everyday, and the only modded server is Got-Zappy? which in my opinion is crap, but its kinda fun when your totally bored. And as for there being instagib servers... I dont know where your seeing em, cause i play everyday and i havent seen one in about a week or 2 and its was DC Rails, lasted 3 days then went offline. There are alot of regular(baseq3) OC, DCForums.net, sgrande, and the occasional brazil red*light, which is mostly pc'ers from brazil, so u tell me where all the modded servers are cause i sure dont see em... At least ONE server, with something traditional like true instaunlagged for 1.16, or freeze tag, SOMETHING! PLEASE... Razz

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:08 am
quote : #9
them game modes would rock yea i played on a few servers that has the moded shotgun the shoots every bullet rocket and rail as soon as u pull the trigger i guess its a q3a instagib gun

Cyberdemonbfg
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:38 am
quote : #10
Whoa!,I have to add my two cents here.Since when are:mods= cheating.It would only be cheating if only one person had advantages the other players didn't have and i don't see a lopsided game until some pc with bb comes into a game with the other three players on dc with dialup.If you prefer to play straight quake,more power to you but to say that mods are cheating is out of line,it's just a different game,nothing more nothing less.(Doom56).
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:41 am
quote : #11
Cyberdemonbfg wrote:
Whoa!,I have to add my two cents here.Since when are:mods= cheating.It would only be cheating if only one person had advantages the other players didn't have and i don't see a lopsided game until some pc with bb comes into a game with the other three players on dc with dialup.If you prefer to play straight quake,more power to you but to say that mods are cheating is out of line,it's just a different game,nothing more nothing less.(Doom56).

Right, mods arn't cheating. Saying that mods are cheating is not being "out of line". It is just someone making an incorrect observation.
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:46 am
quote : #12
i didnt say mods are cheating

IMP@QT
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:51 pm
quote : #13
Just please consider it a option, for at least ONE server. I mean, all i ever see is regular servers with regular weapons, hell, regular everything! And too many servers at that(not just OC but tons of others)

Im not saying make a server like Zappys... Just something simple, yet fun, and without all the noob rockets. if you dont want to that fine, no big deal... Just more spectating pleasure for me.....

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:59 pm
quote : #14
i think it was me that said that its cheating and i believe modding games such as quake to allow for pointlessly ott weapons/powers/advantages is cheating, that is my opinion it is not an incorrect observation. using coding or any other kind of modding to access things that didnt come as part of the game is cheating, plain and simple. and i dont see how its a fair advantage that i could use them as well, i dont enjoy jumping on to a server full of modded players who make there mods the way they want them then wait for someone like me to come on for a good old fashioned game of quake not knowing which ones are modded or not, and end up having to try and figure out how all the mods work, while getting raped about 40-1 before i can even work the super jumps or teleports and all that other junk. saying that modded quake 3 dc servers isnt "cheating" is like saying modded pso players arent cheating.
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:04 pm
quote : #15
but thats diffrent mods for fps have always been there and its not cheating look at unreal turnament it has an instagib gun y not q3a and ut has all kinds of mods if it was cheating y do the offical quake sites have the mods to put in to the servers/games all it is is a diffrent way to play the game its not like hacking a weapon in pso that is cheating