Page 1 of 1
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I know, I'll prolly get blasted for this, but is Starlancer worth buying? Can anyone give me some info on the game, their opinions of it? I'd just like to know since I barely know anything about it. If you guys give me good reviews Rolling Eyes you could have another Starlancer player somethime this summer. Mr. Green
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
ced818
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:26 pm
quote : #2
the game is cool. Its a spaceship shooter. the Single player is 'ok' but if you play it online this game kicks ass. A bunch of online modes, up to 6 players, and you can set teams if you wanna.
This their are power ups like setting mines, and getting 1 missile.
You can even set an option to set torrents on levels.
The screen looks as if its FPS, but if you wanna you can change it.
The ships are killer. Before you play online you may wanna play single a bit to get the controls and to find a ship you like.
They got from weak to strong, fast to slow. (Find a ship you like offline because online doesnt display the ships stats.)
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:41 pm
quote : #3
I would recomend it, but damnit, I havn't played it in forever.
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:29 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U
it is very much fun. Online with this is a blast, espically tag bomb. i hope to be off work in time tommorow to be able to make the game. though i get off at 4PM and it starts at 3 here, doh. Well hopefully some of you will stick around a bit longer so i can join up with yall. me and two of my friends should be able to join. But if you come across it, yes buy it.

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:31 pm
quote : #5
Well, I think starlancer is ultracool online, and I think it lacks quite a bit offline. But no joke, the online play is worth the buy. I count, 1, 2... 3! Scheduled games this weekend!

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:57 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
There are a lot of gameplay videos you can watch at lancersreactor.com or other gaming sites, but I think they are all either for the single-player or the survival mode. I dont think there are any multiplayer videos. They are actually for the PC version, but the only difference between PC and DC version is slightly better graphics and a few extra options in the flight controls, that aren't really necessary. I took some videos and screenshots of the DC version in multiplayer, and those will be ready later in the summer.

It's a fun game to play online. Even if you don't like the single-player campaign, it's actually pretty hard and forces you to be a better pilot.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:13 pm
quote : #7
U-235 wrote:
Well, I think starlancer is ultracool online, and I think it lacks quite a bit offline. But no joke, the online play is worth the buy. I count, 1, 2... 3! Scheduled games this weekend!

Agreed, also the game has been stripped or quite a bit of things that made it one of my personal favorites on the PC. While it'd be nice to say that they weren't able to do it from hardware constraints, that's just not true. Things I liked that are missing: The awesome ship loadout screen, the cool mid mission news briefs and getting to walk around (point and click) through the space base, the woman's body being there when your getting debriefed. Okay, maybe not THAT much things, and I blame them all on Windows CE. Smile Anyway, I wasn't very happy with the single player, but the few times I played multiplayer I was impressed. The lag is less than that of QIIIA, and there are a plethora of different game types. Only problem is unless you have HD-TV, a huge television, or a VGA box, it's nigh impossible (without constant squinting) to read what the chatter on the top of the screen is. And I'd have liked a chat bubble like QIIIA when I'm talking. It's not that fun having to go into the nearest asteroid to talk everytime. Despite my critisizms, I'd recommend this game, especially if you're out for multiplayer. And c'mon dude, it's online forever!