Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
REIPSA DEUS
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
now that im online with the dc how can i play videoclips on it.
Posted:
Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:49 pm
quote : #2
I don't know if you even can. Looking how Dreamcast more then likely dosn't have Windows Media Player installed into it, I don't see it playing videos anytime soon.
Posted:
Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:38 am
quote : #3
You can't watch clips on the internet, but check out DCEmu. They have a few peices of software that allows you to view movies that are burned onto a disk Very Happy
Posted:
Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:13 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
YES YOU CAN watch movies on your Dreamcast from the internet. As long as they are in SFD format. You can go here to watch a wide variety of clips:

http://dreamcast.planetweb.com/gamers/movielist.html

Please note they will take like 5 or 10 minutes to download on a standard dialup connection, as they do not stream but must download fully before playing.

Still cool sitting back watching some clips on the DC though. Wink
Posted:
Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:16 am
quote : #5
That, and XPD has some mpeg support. The mpeg file has to be pretty small though.

I got bored one day and I tried out a homebrew VCD player. It was pretty nice... well. Except that the voices weren't sync'd at all.
Posted:
Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:16 am
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
YES YOU CAN watch movies on your Dreamcast from the internet. As long as they are in SFD format. You can go here to watch a wide variety of clips:

http://dreamcast.planetweb.com/gamers/movielist.html

Please note they will take like 5 or 10 minutes to download on a standard dialup connection, as they do not stream but must download fully before playing.

Still cool sitting back watching some clips on the DC though. Wink

Cool! I didn't know that! Shocked Thanks nikon for giving me another reason to brag on about how dreamcast is THE GREATEST CONSOLE EVAR! 1 con though, SDF files are quite rare and Planetweb is probably 1 of the only sites that have them.