Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:42 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I finally got around to giving my true virgin import DC a good cleaning inside and out before putting it into commision. Unfortunately, during the cleaning process, I forgot to plug the fan back in. Mind you, this is an NTSC-J with the special heat-pipe configuration inside that requires the fan. I was playing a few imports then I got around to testing out Propeller Arena on it. That's where it got the most time put on it at one time, and around the 5th or 6th battle I noticed a really odd aroma. It sort of smelled like warm soap, which would have made sense since I first washed it lightly with some soap to get any tough soils off of it.

I was really surprised at how well it held up at those temperatures. It got so hard, when I removed the power supply board (which was VERY hot) I could flex it with little effort.

The DC can sure take a lick'n and keep on tick'n. Very Happy If you take anything away form this post, let it be this: Check to make sure you plugged everything back in!

- Dreamcast ™

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:38 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Wow... You are lucky that thing didn't get fried. Its funny that is started smelling like cooked soap Laughing
Posted:
Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:06 am
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Well... I once tested an imported US DC on 220V... ><

There was a huge cloud of white smoke coming out of the ventilation and the power supply spoiled smelly brown juice into the case.
The console was still running at that time though... It did not even reset or something.

Except of the power supply it was all OK... I use it for playing 4x4 Evo or Seaman with a European power supply inside.