1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am so excited I scored Capcom vs SNK, US / NTSC version, brand new sealed for $24.95. It arrived here last night from UPS. Was so happy that it was indeed the Dreamcast version and was factory sealed.

Its getting harder to find US released 2D fighters, especially sealed.

Some of you guys get lucky and find a used version of a 2D fighter at your nearest gamestop or ebgames.

I live in Chicago. Stores here are entirely absent of DC titles. So I have to resort entirely to the internet. Finding a sealed version of this game as well as other 2D fighters is sort of hard. Whats pretty funny, is that the Japanese version is in more plentiful supply brand new sealed, than the US version is.
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:46 pm
quote : #2
Nikon, that's a great deal. I'm still trying to find a compete copy - let alone a sealed one - of Capcom Vs SNK.

I had a far easier time buying sealed import copies of Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Millionaire Fight 2001 and Guilty Gear X than a US copy of SvC and that seems a little weird to me. I've been trying to collect the great fighters available on Dreamcast, and next on my list are the 3 Street Fighter III Games. Once I have those, I'll still need to find Power Stone 2, Vampire Chronicles, and Super Street Fighter 2X.

Anyway, great score, Nikon! The Capcom Vs. SNK games are some of my absolute favorite 2d fighters.

How are my little crackers doing today?
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:12 pm
quote : #3
Enjoy! I'm still going through the particulars of Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike and haven't tried SNK's fighters yet (I played KoF once (!) in my life). I'm a newbie to Capcom fighting games as well (I own SF Alpha 2 for the PC, but didn't touch it due to the controls or lack there of). It's a shame Chaos didn't come to the Dreamcast, but I do plan on importing the second one when I buy Guilty Gear.
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:54 pm
quote : #4
Actually Capcom vs SNK, and Capcom vs SNK 2 are developed by Capcom.

SNK vs CAPCOM: Chaos was the SNK developed iteration. Which is totally amazing IMHO.

Also I prefer CVS over CVS2, while I love the over the top style of CVS2, the 3D backgrounds clash with the 2D sprites bigtime. CVS is 2D sprites on 2D backgrounds.

The only game to pull off 3D backgrounds well, was the DC release of King of Fighters 98, titled Dreamatch 99 for the DC.
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:55 pm
quote : #5
And the best part... [cue drum-roll] : The NG link!

I really have to start playing this one again. I sort of got side-tracked with Guilty Gear X. The high-resolution sprites in that game are amazing.

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:51 pm
quote : #6
i own you nikon. i got a sealed one for 20 about 3 years ago.

yeah, im so awesome....

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:22 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:

Also I prefer CVS over CVS2, while I love the over the top style of CVS2, the 3D backgrounds clash with the 2D sprites bigtime. CVS is 2D sprites on 2D backgrounds.

The only game to pull off 3D backgrounds well, was the DC release of King of Fighters 98, titled Dreamatch 99 for the DC.

I liked the 3D backgrounds in Marvel VS. Capcom 2, only when it got too flashy did I think it got in the way. 2D backgrounds don't have enough happening, I think if someone created really lively highly animated 2D backgrounds in a fighting game the effects would be amazing. Did the other KoF JP games for DC have 3D backgrounds as well?
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:31 pm
quote : #8
MasterChief wrote:
i own you nikon. i got a sealed one for 20 about 3 years ago.

yeah, im so awesome....

Or not... games were so much easier to find 3 years ago. Wink

Hell I remember in 2003 when I made a few threads commenting on the wealth of DC shit available online for so cheap, then predicted how it would be harder to find stuff. Oh how the times have changed so fast. Its INSANE how the internet has been plundered!!!! I wonder how much shit the population at onlineconsoles alone has purchased online. Most of our collections have nearly doubled since then.

pakkitman wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

I liked the 3D backgrounds in Marvel VS. Capcom 2, only when it got too flashy did I think it got in the way. 2D backgrounds don't have enough happening, I think if someone created really lively highly animated 2D backgrounds in a fighting game the effects would be amazing. Did the other KoF JP games for DC have 3D backgrounds as well?

No. Only Dreamatch. All of the other KOF games are direct arcade translations.
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:07 pm
quote : #9
lordnikon wrote:
or not... games were so much easier to find 3 years ago. Wink

too true. i remember gettting a near mint copy of marz matrix on ebay for 20 shipped. ahhh.... those were the days.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:09 pm
quote : #10
MasterChief wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
or not... games were so much easier to find 3 years ago. Wink

too true. i remember gettting a near mint copy of marz matrix on ebay for 20 shipped. ahhh.... those were the days.

*nikon grumbles*
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:00 am
quote : #11
I gots you beat, Chief.

Holiday 2003, Mars Matrix, $10 brand-new at Toys 'R Us.

-Mytho

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:09 am
quote : #12
well not that it beats anyone but i got le mans 24hr, one of the most elusive titles on ebay/amazon, for £12.50 which i dont think was bad. i also got ooga booga for about £10 3 years ago as well. now have 220 dreamcast games, 209 are official titles. would take forever to list the bargains i have found. Mr. Green
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:40 am
quote : #13
ultrapro wrote:
well not that it beats anyone but i got le mans 24hr, one of the most elusive titles on ebay/amazon, for £12.50 which i dont think was bad. i also got ooga booga for about £10 3 years ago as well. now have 220 dreamcast games, 209 are official titles. would take forever to list the bargains i have found. Mr. Green

WOW, i defanetley got you beat on Le Manz. I got that New-Sealed for 5 bucks (in a store) about 1 year ago.

My collection has grown a great deal since 2003. In 2003, I had never heard of OC, and i only owned Crazy Taxi 1 and 18 wheeler. Now I own more than 80 original games.
unknown
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:18 am
quote : #14
did you get it in the us? cos thats only about £2 cheaper. and the us version is easy to find, i could get test drive le mans for probably $7 inc pp from a us site if i wanted but the pal version which is called le mans 24hr which i prefer for some reason is just damn near gold dust. at least in my experience it is. and i finally got prince of persia arabian nights the other day. its taken me ages to find that game.
Posted:
Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:52 am
quote : #15
Project Justice - $9 sealed and new courtesy of Electronics Boutique.

Anyway, back on topic, I love both Capcom Vs. SNK games, including the polished 3D backgrounds in CVS 2. I agree it's a bit different than the 2D character sprites, but I like the added sense of depth while playing. Having said that though, I must admit that CVS 1 is a totally kickass game, and one of the better Capcom productions. I do need to get my hands on Capcom Vs. SNK: Chaos though, because I love my KOF games on Dreamcast and want to see SNK's take on the CVS series. CVS: Chaos is available on PS2, right?

Crap! Here I go again...

How are my little crackers doing today?