Topic: Is this guy selling fakes?

Page 1 of 1
JibbityFlibbits
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:54 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=lopez_chuck&items=25&page=1&frompage=- 1&iid=-1&de=off

He's sold dozens of Power Stone 2's, Sonic Adventure 2's, and Marvel vs Capcom 2's. All three of these games are known to be worth some cash, but are still possible to obtain. The thing is, every single one of the copies he is selling is "in very good condition" and "missing the case and manual". How would one person obtain so many copies of a few games, all in the exact same conditon?

I think he's selling CD-R copies of the games, with realistic looking labels stuck on them. This angers me, because I was seconds away from bidding on SA2. I badly want a copy of that game, but I don't really need the case or manual.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:42 pm
quote : #2
His only negative feedback:
on the cd centre is printed 'RFD80M' indicating the this is a CDR copy.

Evil or Very Mad
All signs point to yes...
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:25 pm
quote : #3
Yeah well...

Anyone on here looking to sell their "disc-only" Sonic Adventure 2? I'm willing to pay up to $15 I think.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:44 pm
quote : #4
This guy should be reported to eBay. His profile is fairly new too, and that tells me he's either been banned before, or he generated too much negative feedback in a previous life.

Anyone with me on this one? If more than one person reports his ass, eBay will get a clue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-Dreamcast-Arcade-Classics-Donkey-Kong-Mappy_W0QQitemZ8213675973QQcategoryZ6 2053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He can't even match up his fake pictures and game titles correctly. He's a toad.

How are my little crackers doing today?
JibbityFlibbits
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:19 pm
quote : #5
Tell me how to report him and consider it done. I am tired of ebay pricks like this guy.

Also I emailed the only guy who left him negative feedback. He's what he said:

Quote:
hi,
the item i received had 'maxell' scratched off the clear centre, it was clearly a cdr, the ink came off when it got wet.
He claimed he bought it from a store and didnt know it was a copy, i find that hard to belive as in the description he said 'it's been stored well over the years, but has not got inlay booklet' and he's sold the same item 3 times.
As for games i dunno, they may be copies too, i couldn't say. If there's buyers who are happy (or expect) to receive fakes then that might explain why theres no negative feedback.
This guy might only sell item he knows are rare, which is quite clever.
Like you say, what he sell is very specific and rare, and he has many copies of all these items. I think some people are just happy to eventually have that game or cd they've looked for, and don't really care if it's fake or not, or perhaps can't tell the differance.
The pictures of the games he sell look real - the colour goes right to the centre, there's gaps in the text that show the metalic cd underneath, BUT my cd does not look like the one in the picture!!
In the end the cd worked, sounds good,it's now on my hard drive, i've wanted it for years, so i'm quite happy.
But no way should he pretend it's genuine or rare and expect to get that kind of price.

good luck!

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:19 pm
quote : #6
sorry to hear about this. I'm reporting the bastard. Very Happy