Topic: treamcast...bigger boned?

Page 1 of 1
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:38 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I found this link while checking out success hk. it's the same price as their regular treamcast, but the monitor seems larger.

(image link)

discuss
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:02 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
What a waste of money. Not only are Treamcasts poorly built, but with this new one the screen is in widescreen. Which means you can only play certain games with it accuratly. Sure you could play a regular non-widescreen game on it, but it would look like shit. Everything would be all squished.
Posted:
Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:19 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
hey, i've seen these before they were onlt realesed a few months ago i think, ive got to say a treamcast would be sweet but, its more portable than a dreamcast and a tv but its not portable enough to have in your car really.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:22 pm
quote : #4
besides that, it just looks stupid with such a big screen, anyway just got a NAKI VGA box Mr. Green sweet picture! anyway again, i had the problem when i played pso for the first time with it, my char was a midget Laughing i got it sorted out by just keeping the % ration the same, so it cuts the side more than the top or bottom, but IT ROCKS!

p.s.
Just got Quake III arena, gotta say, i love the mouse and keyboard WAY more than controller. Plus, this game ROCKS! hope to fraggin with y'all soon
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:42 pm
quote : #5
word, nothing beats the vga for pso.
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:37 am
quote : #6
The main prob with that newer treamcast is: it doesnt own buttons 2 control the screen. The productdiscriptions says it does - but they arent still there. That means you have no control for brightnes or contrast of the screen.

But have a look at the free gift section there..... Razz
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:13 am
quote : #7
yea i wasn't planning on buying it lol, i just thought it was interesting that someone even tried to update the treamcast. who knows, maybe in a couple of years they might even be worth buying. i'm still waiting to get a vga box first tho.
rank 33
Posted:
Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:24 pm
quote : #8
Didn't Sega go after the makers of Treamcast for copyright and patent infringement? I thought Sega won and production of the Treamcast had to stop. Did Sega drop the case or something?

How are my little crackers doing today?
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:27 am
quote : #9
kingofgrills wrote:
Didn't Sega go after the makers of Treamcast for copyright and patent infringement? I thought Sega won and production of the Treamcast had to stop. Did Sega drop the case or something?

m8 Razz ... its produced and sold in Honkong ... you know what I mean ? Razz