Topic: Starlancer Tourney?

Page 1 of 1
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:17 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
hmm...since the most voted tournament was CCR, and it appears that that game is down, the next most voted game is Starlancer. Maybe we could get an OC tournament going for the game in December or late November. Who's up for it? We should start a list, determine game modes, etc.
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:13 am
quote : #2
cool. im down.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:00 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I will get started on the game rules now....the might be slight modifications of my previous Outtrigger rules which I felt were...pretty damn good for setting up and running a tournament. The Outtrigger tournament WAS going along perfectly at the time...then there were server issues. But all in all....the rules and methods used to run the tournament resulted in 0 problems. We got all types of stats from the games. It was pretty awsome. Too bad we could finish it.

I will post a set up *rough* guidelines, and post them soon so we can hash out any problems or changes that need to be made in it's organization.

And would SOMEBODY kill Zeirum before he gets all 6 Beacons....or we are all TOAST again.
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:12 pm
quote : #4
Oh that would be freaking awesome.. any prizes? Very Happy

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:10 pm
quote : #5
I'm in for it.. Look forward to it Very Happy

Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:29 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
oh yeah, i'm up for it. 'specially a nuke threat tournament! that game mode is a blast! (no pun intended... ahh hell, pun intended...) Laughing

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:20 pm
quote : #7
Yea tournaments are gonna start soon. I realise how busy I am with various parts of onlineconsoles. And a lot of times i jsut wanna join you guys and....hang out and actually game. But someone has to get content and news and other features up...and well that person is me hehe Smile

What I think I am gonna do....is set up set rules sheets, and web forms, and a set tournament method with various styles of play. So community members can just.....set up their own tournament, and run it efficiently. A sort of global tournament primer if you will. Its something I am kinda planning here.

And who knows...down the road when i learn some more code and php...i could have it fully integrated into the site Smile Where its all back end and automated where the tournament stats could just be updated right into the sql database. This would be really great Smile

Anyways just some stuff i got brewin in the old noggin. I'll be droppin some tournament information shortly, and StarLancer will probobly be the first tournament game.
Posted:
Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:52 pm
quote : #8
I thought I posted before, but I guess not. I'm up for this. I will have lots of free time during my winter break, 12/21 - 01/03.
What might be fun, and fair, is if for some games, ships are chosen at random that everyone has to use. Let me know what everyone decides. This should be fun.
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:17 pm
quote : #9
im such a nub at starlancer so i will be pwned
Posted:
Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:53 pm
quote : #10
frokid879 wrote:
im such a nub at starlancer so i will be pwned

Heh... Don't worry, you'll still probably own me. It seems that you were doing fine last time.

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:10 am
quote : #11
when is the tournament being held??

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:41 pm
quote : #12
nikon has been very busy with the site since the ideas of tournaments were announced (just take a look at all of the new content on the left side of the screen). I'd say a tourny is still a ways off. Right now we need more people (although we do have good turnouts for ss) So show up to the starlancer saturdays to show your support.