profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Mr. Spank wrote:
are you serious? I have to find it?

Posted:
Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:40 pm
quote : #17
What I am trying to say is that I am not going to be looking for a thread probably 1/2 a year old that I have already tried to get your attention about in the past. I am working on my Masters. I am very busy. My eyes are blood shot and I am tired as hell from dealing with forums for my classes. I won't be able to do it. If you want to keep your listing up to date and accurate, just look it up, its there.

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:12 pm
quote : #18
I think this is it... link. It took 10 seconds to use the search button.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:49 pm
quote : #19
Mr. Spank wrote:
What I am trying to say is that I am not going to be looking for a thread probably 1/2 a year old that I have already tried to get your attention about in the past. I am working on my Masters. I am very busy. My eyes are blood shot and I am tired as hell from dealing with forums for my classes. I won't be able to do it. If you want to keep your listing up to date and accurate, just look it up, its there.

News Flash: Everyone is busy. Everyone is trying to get their masters, or going to work, or doing something that they have to do to earn their place on this planet.

If you are unable to look up some information, that is fine, all you had to do is say so.

You made a post expecting me to take the time to add download content, code the html and upload it all to the server. When I make a reply asking for more information on the subject matter, you then say the following comment:

Mr. Spank wrote:
are you serious? I have to find it?

...this comes off as rude.

You go on to make multiple comments, showing your frustration that I did not give proper attention to your older thread on the download content. Are you aware that onlineconsoles.com as a whole contains 57,957 posts? I am sorry. I cannot be expected to read and re-check every single post that gets posted on these forums. If you would like I could read and reply thorougly to every single one of your future posts. This will cost a premium of $5.95 a month. You can pay this monthly or pay yearly at a lower rate of $60.69, which saves you 15%.

When you say:

Mr. Spank wrote:
Its some where in there...gundam something or other.

This is what is known as "vague". You made no innitial mention that the information was on these message boards. My best guess was that you had the disc lost in your house and were unable to go track it down.

As Dreamcast ™ just proved it would have taken you 10 seconds Mr. Spank to find the information on these message boards. You must be more busy than most to be unable to spare 10 seconds. When one compares your -10 seconds, to my +3 years of time spent tracking down information regarding online game consoles, this makes your comments above even more glaring.

You come here asking me to put my time into something, but when I ask for you to put time into bringing forth information, you retort back feeling my request is unwarrented? Like I said before... this is rude behavior.

It is a shame that Dreamcast ™ had to step up and do the work for you Mr Spank. (Dreamcast ™ is no stranger to research and sacrificing time for the greater good. He himself has put many man hours into research and made some key contributions to Dreamcast Online.)

As for my own time put in, yes I have indeed put 3 years of my life into this website and everything that you see here. Of course, this was by choice. I chose to take the requests of users and do my best to fullfill them. Users like you Mr. Spank. Requests like adding Gundam download content to the website. This would be just one task in a huge body of work that has consumed me for 3 years.

So when you come along to the site irritated with me, after having just asked me to put up content on the site, you can see where someone in my position would not only find your comments off the mark, but rather insulting given the context of the situation.

In the future please attempt to use better stress management, so it does not manifest itself in the ill-treatment of others at this website. I hope you start to make progress on getting cought up with your work.

I will look into the Gundam content and get it up on the website as soon as my schedule allows. I am running a special this month: "Download content added to the website FREE of charge." Yes this special has been running for 36 months now, but it makes people happy so I figured, why change the formula?
Posted:
Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:32 am
quote : #20
I think I have some of the Floigan Brothers downloadable content (I'm pretty sure I don't have it all since there was a new download like every freaking week), but I don't really have a cable to transfer DC saves to the PC. I guess I'd need to find a method for transferring my saves to PC. What's the preffered way to do that? I'll check and make sure that I have the files when I get home and then obtain whatever I need for transferring my files to the PC.

Note: I have Double Power somewhere, I just need to find it. I think I just need a cheap cable.
Posted:
Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:48 am
quote : #21
if you have the save on a official vmu, you can go to a transfer site like heezy's...

http://s91881033.onlinehome.us
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Lunar Eclipse
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:38 pm
quote : #22
Hmmm...that's interesting. I wish I had known about that when I had dial-up. I suppose that I might breakdown and buy a broadband adapter somewhere. In fact, I'm pretty sure that that's what I'm going to do. Thanks for the info.
Posted:
Wed May 03, 2006 4:56 pm
quote : #23
Hi, im spanish this is my frist post here, my english is very bad i going to write in spanish and english, this site is favulous!!, the people playing on-line whit dreamcast, events... shine!!

I have a problem whit the PAL vmu files of Skies of Arcadia, the others files do downloaded ok but i dont know why these dont found, i have dreamkey 1.5 and web browser 2.6, please helpme, thanks.

Hola, soy español este es mi primer post aki, mi ingles es muy malo voy a escribir en español e ingles, este sitio es fabuloso!!, la gente jugando on-line con dreamcast, eventos... brillante!!

Tengo un problema con los archivos vmu PAL de Skies of Arcadia, los demas archivos se han bajando bien pero nose porque estos no funcionan, tengo dreamkey 1.5 y web browser 2.6, porfavor ayudadme, gracias.
Posted:
Wed May 03, 2006 7:57 pm
quote : #24
Sal bes tu neccicito usar PlanetWeb para download. In Enlglish, "Maybe you need to use PlanetWeb for the download" If anyone has better info, I can somewhat translate. Smile Just keep in mind my Spanish is a mixture of El Salvadorian and Mexican dialects. Mr. Green
Posted:
Wed May 03, 2006 8:13 pm
quote : #25
Another way you can transfer a save to your PC is just to use Planetweb to email it to yourself. When you save it to your PC from there, it will be a VMS file. Use Planetweb for this instead of a DreamPassport browser.

The VMS file is the save itself, but if you want to download it back to your dreamcast from a website, you'll need to make a VMI file to go with it. LyingWake, (formerly Fackue), made a good tool for this called VMI Writer. You can get it here: http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/.
Posted:
Wed May 03, 2006 10:59 pm
quote : #26
Hmm this is interesting. If anyone who does have the PAL version could test to see if the PAL downloads for Skies of Arcadia work, that would be great. I personally do not own the PAL version (or NTSC version) of Skies of Arcadia so I cannot test these. I believe I got the PAL saves off of Skies of Arcadia World.
Posted:
Thu May 04, 2006 6:30 am
quote : #27
Thanks for reply, its good idea up de vmu to mail and download with dreamcast ^_^ thanks.

U-235 i undernstand perfectly your spanish thanks Wink
Posted:
Thu May 25, 2006 2:52 pm
quote : #28
lordnikon wrote:
BTW: If those Shutokou files work on Tokyo Extreme Racer / Tokyo Highway Battle 1 or 2, let me know, since I am hoping they do so I can just use them on the domestic version when I buy them.

I've tested the "All Hidden Cars and Parts File?" for Shutokou ON Tokyo Extreme Racer, and it does indeed work. I see all the new cars listed. But one thing i can't tell is where the hidden parts are. I mean, I was expecting an extra stage on the engines or something else. And i can't really tell if there are new aeros or not.

But I can say that I've bought the final type on most, if not all things for my cars BEFORE I downloaded the save, and there just isn't anyting new after what i've previously bought.

Since i thought maybe there was a mix up, and that file is actually just an all cars file (since there is a question mark), I've tested the all parts save. Same thing though.

So, as far as i can tell, no extra parts. Any more insight or help from anyone?

Also, I haven't tested TXR2, but i will later. It's reasonable to assume that it will work, but, maybe not. We'll see.

EDIT: Spot a minor error. Hidden Car TYPE-930 is actually P930

Last edited by CrazyYatta on Thu May 25, 2006 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu May 25, 2006 3:01 pm
quote : #29
Ok so the Shutokou files simply allow you to unlock parts early, that were also able to be purchased in the game?
Posted:
Thu May 25, 2006 3:19 pm
quote : #30
lordnikon wrote:
Ok so the Shutokou files simply allow you to unlock parts early, that were also able to be purchased in the game?

Good question. I just tested this (started new with and without the all parts save) and in both instances, all parts were available to purchuse. You just can't afford them at the beginning =P. So the question now is, what parts, if any, do these files unlock?

But you are right, this is how it works, for the cars atleast. At first i thought the file unlocked cars that could only be obtained by using that file, but then i noticed that you can obtain them normally without the file, just have to do a lot of stuff.