Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:46 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Today I saw this hilarious video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saQAk8PoYLI&mode=related and I assumed that they used some kind of hack in order to be able to leave the train at the start of the game, and have all weapons.

Does anyone know whether this is possible on the Dreamcast version of Half-Life? I'd love to kill Gordon! Laughing
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:07 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Haha! YES! It works!

Press the " ~ " key and enter the command "noclip" also, enter "fly" so you don't fall. You'll fly around the screen.

I'm still looking for the command that gives you weapons.

Edit: WOW. Here's a full list of console commands. That's a lot to try out. May cause some cool things to happen. Very Happy

OK, found it: "/give weapon_insert name of weapon here." So, if you want the crowbar, enter "/give weapon_crowbar"

Here's a better list: link

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:17 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
That doesnt look like freeman that he kills!?!
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:10 am
quote : #4
Thanks a lot for the link! My brother and I are having some fun with all the different codes now! Thanks a lot!

Oh and yes that is Freeman! Hence the thread title!
Posted:
Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:55 am
quote : #5
I don't know about that, Hebe. I haven't completely played through the game to learn the names of the characters, but I'm pretty sure that Gordon Freeman is this guy: link (main character).

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:53 pm
quote : #6
Yes, that is Gordon Freeman in the video, sans the HEV suit. Smile

Remember, in the first Half-Life, you rode a tram taking you on a mini-tour of the Black Mesa Research Facility before arriving at the laboratory (where all hell broke loose and Gordon donned the HEV suit). The security guard you play as in Blue Shift (Barney Calhoun) is looking on as Gordon takes the tram ride. Differing viewpoints/perspectives, if you will.

P.S: The video really was hillarious when the scientist would yell "AHHH!" after Gordon was killed.

-Mytho

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:19 pm
quote : #7
Ah, OK Very Happy. I get it now. They should have given him glasses or something. He looks like Tim Curry. Laughing

hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:35 am
quote : #8
Here's a better command:
Impulse 101

It gives you the HEV suit and all weapons! If you type the code multiple times then it gives you extra ammo! I'm having loads of fun killing people on the side walk with the magnum! Twisted Evil

EDIT:

Here's another funny Half-Life video, a little off topic but enjoy! (I didn't make it though)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0SI7MYwPv4&mode=user&search=
Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:07 am
quote : #9
I'm guessing you could kill Gman too and start a time paradox Laughing

Morph
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:53 pm
quote : #10
Haha, I haven't been online to see this topic sooner. I know just about every command in DC half-life ^_^;

Anyways, I was actually looking to make a video like that for some time, with like a benny hill song in the background. Spawn like 50 zombies, then have a heyday.
RAM: 128MB PC66 EDO
Video: MGA MIL/2GN 4MB PCI
Hard Disks: dual 4.3GB W.D.
nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:55 pm
quote : #11
a tid bit off-topic but is there a direct-download to half-life like there WAS for propeller arena?

or if there isn't, would anyone upload it to filefront?
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
hebe
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:39 am
quote : #12
gRimGrAvY014 wrote:
I'm guessing you could kill Gman too and start a time paradox Laughing

Actually that's impossible Sad I managed to find the Gman and smash a window to get to him, and I was able to go right up to him! I then shot him in the magnum and he just stared, blankly. I then turned around and shot the scientist he was talking to and BLAM! (loads of randon gibs fly everywhere). So my conclusion, the GMAN is INVINCIBLE
Posted:
Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:17 am
quote : #13
Haha, yeah, I tried the same thing and got the same result. He probaby isn't invincible (well technically he is) but he probably doesn't have any of the code that regular enemies / friendlies have. He's basically just a shell that wanders around on a static path.

I like going to the room across the hall from him and turning the lights off on the scientists. Very Happy

I just started playing HL from the beginning a couple days ago. I've been playing it a lot and I'm still not done. Shocked I just made it to Xen. I can't wait to play the Blue Shift mission.

If I played a demo of this on the Dreamcast, I would have definitely bought it as I'm sure a lot would have. I really wish that it was officially released. I know there are still a few kinks, but hell it's practically 100% (so far, it's only crashed once, but that's because I loaded my game way too many times in an attempt to save the police officer who was fighting those three snake-like things Very Happy.) I've definitely seen worse from some games (bug-wise).

Anyone else notice that when you burst open some crates, a VMU falls out. Very Happy

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:15 am
quote : #14
Dreamcast ™ wrote:

Anyone else notice that when you burst open some crates, a VMU falls out. Very Happy

Yep I noticed that Smile I think there are other dreamcast things aren't there?

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:08 pm
quote : #15
I don't know. So far, the only items in the crates have been VMUs, screwdrivers / wrenches, a Half Life CD, misc parts, a circuit board (but it's not from a Dreamcast), and probably a few other things that don't come to mind right now.