Topic: Official Dreamcast magazine

Page 1 of 1
Dillweed22
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:13 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Does anyone know how many issues of official dreamcast magazine were published and released in the US? I think thirteen total issues (issues 0-12) were released.. can any one fill me in?

Also, I'm looking for the Disk that came with Issue #1 anyone that is willing to sell/trade it to me send me a PM
Posted:
Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:34 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think it is around 13. I own almost all of the discs that came with the magazines, but not any of the magazines yet. The first disc wasn't aplayable demo disc, but a cdr you put into your PC that was a preview disc.
Posted:
Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:35 pm
quote : #3
I'm aware of the difference with the first disc... it's a lot like the first Xbox Demo Disc that came with the first issue.

Anyway, It's the only disc I'm missing so if anyone has a hard copy and the original sleeve I'd be super interested in getting it.
Also, If you're interested, lordNikon, I have issues 1, 3-7 of ODM With the corrisponding CDs (except issue one)... Smile
Posted:
Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:01 pm
quote : #4
ive got like 10-12. if u got away to show me your earliar mags or a scanner im interested in seeing it.

killer-elite
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:51 pm
quote : #5
As a collector I'm trying to collect all of the Official Dreamcast Magazines myself ...so far I only have Volumes 2 & 3 and Volumes 10 and 11 ( with thier respective GD-Rom Demo Disks for all of them - still playable ) .....Hopefully I can complete my collection also...

Dillweed22
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:09 pm
quote : #6
If anyone is interested... PM me, the magazines are up for grabs. I can provide Pics if you want them. All are in excelent condition
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:44 pm
quote : #7
Now I know that someone here just has to have a big .zip file of all the old DC mags. But if not, anyone know where I would be able to find them?
Posted:
Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:04 pm
quote : #8
For people interested in demos, Dreamcast History has a nice listing of them:

http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/dchusa/dchusa_demos.shtml
http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/dcheuro/dcheuro_demos.shtml
Posted:
Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:32 am
quote : #9
phredreeke wrote:
For people interested in demos, Dreamcast History has a nice listing of them:

http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/dchusa/dchusa_demos.shtml
http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/dcheuro/dcheuro_demos.shtml

WTF is Super Boom Tread Troopers !? Shocked It's listed as a Demo on the site. Unless the Pal game has a different name.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:03 am
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U/C
Super Boom Tread Troopers... oh boy. I just tried this game a few days ago on the last ODCM disc i was missing. It was dissapointing because it was basically a homebrew game on an ODCM disc, which I think didn't belong there. You have an arena, with these little tanks, and you shoot and get bigger. It is so basic, and there not that many gameplay elements. I fell asleep real fast.
Posted:
Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:19 am
quote : #11
lordnikon wrote:
Super Boom Tread Troopers... oh boy. I just tried this game a few days ago on the last ODCM disc i was missing. It was dissapointing because it was basically a homebrew game on an ODCM disc, which I think didn't belong there. You have an arena, with these little tanks, and you shoot and get bigger. It is so basic, and there not that many gameplay elements. I fell asleep real fast.

Nikon, you just about put me off it Laughing

Dillweed22
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:20 am
quote : #12
yeah, I have a bootleg copy of that game... It's not really good. It's a reminder of why I should burn DC games to CD-RW before I make a deffinate decision about the game.