Topic: NTSC-U?

Page 1 of 1
Sub-One
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Sorry if this is a noob question. I have Dreamcast that is NTSC-U, and I'v been looking on ebay for some games when i see that the discription on them is just NTSC. Does this mean I can't play them on my Dreamcast or is there no diffrence between the two? Sad

Stadic
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:52 pm
quote : #2
I'm not even sure... but you can play all game on your simply by burning a boot disk with Alcohol 120. So I suggest you look for the CDX boot disk and just burn it. Then you'll be able to play any DC game.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:00 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
well, if its reffered to as ntsc then the chances are that they can be played on your DC. You can tell by packaging as to wiether you'll be able to play a game on your DC so if the packaging is drastically different to what your used to seeing then you wont be able to play.
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:00 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
What you should do is PM the seller of the item to confirm which region it is.
there are 2 NTSC's
NTSC-J (Japan)
NTSC-U/C (US/ Canada)
A boot disk is'nt a bad idea, though
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:37 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Yeh you can tell by the packaging of the game, NTSC-J games have white and orange spines.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:49 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
lozz wrote:
Yeh you can tell by the packaging of the game, NTSC-J games have white and orange spines.

Actually that is not entirely accurate hehe since a lot of North American releases have white spines with the orange DC light triangle. Wink

Sub-One wrote:
Sorry if this is a noob question. I have Dreamcast that is NTSC-U, and I'v been looking on ebay for some games when i see that the discription on them is just NTSC. Does this mean I can't play them on my Dreamcast or is there no diffrence between the two? Sad

Japanese releases have no crecent on the cover. All american releases feature a curved crecent design on the left side of the manual, along with a clear CD case. Japanese releases are in non clear cd cases with a white tray. They come with spine cards, and the Dreamcast logo is usually in a quarter circle in the upper right corner of the manual.

Most sellers and online import shops specify what region the game is. And if you are ever having trouble, feel free to ask here since many people could identify it for you.