1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Thats right! I just won an auction for Panzer Dragoon Saga! The holy grail of Saturn games will finally be mine!

click here to view my triumph!

I am pretty excited right now. The price I got is awesome, especially since it comes with Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2 which I didn't own the North American versions yet. I have the import of Zwei, and the first game on PC and PS2.

I sniped this auction in the last 25 seconds.

BTW did I mention I was excited? Goddamn I am a happy man right now!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:09 am
quote : #2
haha.. welcome to the 'saga club'. ill have to claim the presidency though... i DID get it first... Smile

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:46 am
quote : #3
Congratulations, Nikon! Man, that's an incredible score for all three at that price.

Just make sure you stress that the seller packs the items well. The last thing you want is all three of your cases to come cracked / hinges broken off.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:09 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
hi5!

btw, NTSC-U/C saturn boxes look much better than the crap that we have in Pal-land.
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:17 am
quote : #5
MasterChief wrote:
haha.. welcome to the 'saga club'. ill have to claim the presidency though... i DID get it first... Smile

Thanks Cool How long have you had your copy? What did you pay for it?

Who else here at OC actually owns Panzer Dragoon Saga?

Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Congratulations, Nikon! Man, that's an incredible score for all three at that price.

Just make sure you stress that the seller packs the items well. The last thing you want is all three of your cases to come cracked / hinges broken off.

Yea if one does the math, Panzer Dragoon usually goes for around 20, and Panzer Dragoon II goes for around 30. So I basically scored Saga for 110.00.

I noted to the seller that they package it well, but if the cases are smashed I will buy some cheap sports games and replace the cases.

mcmonkey wrote:
hi5!

btw, NTSC-U/C saturn boxes look much better than the crap that we have in Pal-land.

I think the PAL version of Saga comes in a cardboard box with 2 saturn cases inside and a different style manual.
Posted:
Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:14 pm
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
I think the PAL version of Saga comes in a cardboard box with 2 saturn cases inside and a different style manual.

True - the package is like the shenmue pal package - only bigger Smile - so in my view the Pal box looks a bit ummmm better (that isnt the right word for what I mean).
I sold mine for around 130,- $ 4 years ago - so PD Saga is one of the games which are constant high priced. I cant say I was real impressed when I played it the first time - but Im sure that was because I played 2 much PD 1 and 2 before I got the saga - so I missed the action Smile
Posted:
Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:53 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
mcmonkey wrote:
hi5!

i was meaning pal games in general... (ive only come across an actual PD:Saga once abd that was just the 1st two disc's)
rank 25
Posted:
Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:40 am
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:

Thanks Cool How long have you had your copy? What did you pay for it?

$127.50 after shipping. ive had it since september. ill PM you the auction if you want.

funny thing is its actually a good game. its the first RPG ive actually played till the end, unless shenmue 1 & 2 counts.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:12 am
quote : #9
Nice! That is a good price as well.

I have yet to play through Saga. (So no spoilers everyone!) Every place I have read about the game says the game is very good. I have listened to the soundtrack for the game many times, and see tons of artwork, as well as played through every other Panzer Dragoon Game. (Except for panzer dragoon mini, which I would love to own someday.)

The sad part is I won't be able to play through Saga until January; maybe Febuary. This is because much of my gaming over the next 2 months will be put towards time sensitive online situations. Mainly holiday specific events and playing online titles before they go offline in december and january.

* sigh * I wish I had more time so that I could start playing Saga as soon as I get it. It is alraedy in the mail by the way! Smile
Posted:
Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:33 am
quote : #10
Saga needs only 8 hours 2 play through - its a bit short for real RPGlers (Im not one).
Posted:
Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:09 pm
quote : #11
This is an awesome game!

But sadly just a dream for me. Im only 15 and do not have nearly enough income to purchase it.
When i had my saturn (1 or 2 years ago) i managed to get disc 1.
I played it over and over and it is one hell of an RPG.
when i get a part-time job I might consider buying it.

Please make sure you play it all, don't keep it locked up in a cupboard Wink
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:38 pm
quote : #12
lozz wrote:
This is an awesome game!

But sadly just a dream for me. Im only 15 and do not have nearly enough income to purchase it.
When i had my saturn (1 or 2 years ago) i managed to get disc 1.
I played it over and over and it is one hell of an RPG.
when i get a part-time job I might consider buying it.

Please make sure you play it all, don't keep it locked up in a cupboard Wink

looks like someone needs themselves a paper route. Wink

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:25 am
quote : #13
Man paper rounds from my area are shit.
You get £3.80 for doing one round.
And all together it takes like 3 hours.
Also if i did a paper round i would probably get a big load of chavs follwing me saying things in their amazing language along the lines of:

"dirty skater"
"hes got bare papers"
"fuckin dickhead mayte, give me a paper, yeh?"
haha

Anyway in a few months I'll be 16, so i can get a decent weekend/after school job.

Then SAGA WILL BE MINE! Mr. Green
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:12 am
quote : #14
a great find, and a very fine game. It's a bit easy and short maybe, but a very good story with great artwork and acting.
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:29 am
quote : #15
I finally started playing through Panzer Dragoon Saga. I have been playing the game all weekend. This game is nothing short of amazing. While this game is expensive, it was worth every penny. I know some of you may be wondering if this game is only justifiable for its rarity. That is not the case. Playing through Panzer Dragoon Saga is an epic truly emersive experience. I recommend anyone interested in this series to save their pennies and buy the game. You will not be dissapointed.

One thing I will point out: I actually played the Panzer Dragoon series in proper order by accident. I had started playing Panzer Dragoon 2 Zwei first, which as it turns out is a prequel to Panzer Dragoon. Cool