Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
Neckoslash
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:19 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Funny,I pop in tony hawk 2 to get in some old school playing and end up stumbling across that my favorite system seems to be rising from the dead. I have a question about connection with starLancer. I have a copy of quake 3 on the way so Im going to configure for online play again... But does it automatcially find the server? Or do you provide that info. let me know.
Posted:
Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:59 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
When you sign online with Starlancer it connects to the official master list for the game. You can either join a game that someone is currently hosting, or you can host a game yourself.

PS: The DC is not dead, as long as you play it Smile
Posted:
Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:49 pm
quote : #3
one time when i was waiting in the lobby for someone to possibly make a game and no room was popping up i went into create a room then quit it less than 10 seconds later and the room i was waiting for appeared. so creating a room and leaving it may refresh the list of rooms avalible or it was a total coincidence that it happened. you should get some confirmation on that. be sure to let everyone know when you are able to connect with starlancer again because ive been looking for more people to play starlancer with.
Neckoslash
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:35 am
quote : #4
Yeah I def will let you know when I go on. Seems like I spoke too soon though, looks like someone pilfered my quake 3 off of me. You put down your DC for 2 short years and games go missing?? hah Im going to try and get a copy of a webbrowser game. see you on there soon.
Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:44 pm
quote : #5
does your dreamcast boot cdr's? because if it does then http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6547 some people dont like to use cdr's though claiming it hurts your laser in the long run. i dont think anyone is quite sure what it does.
doctorclu
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:29 am
quote : #6
No, there still seems to be some confusion over it. I think it might put more strain on a CD drive that is used to reading tracks on a disc that are compressed to a smaller format and reading a lesser compression. But oh well, I by tradition use copies of games I have to keep the originals in good shape. So there! Smile

Anyway, so who runs the system that this master list is on? I might have to visit it, and then work with some of you to set up a game.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:30 am
quote : #7
doctorclu wrote:
Anyway, so who runs the system that this master list is on? I might have to visit it, and then work with some of you to set up a game.

Starlancer's Masterlist is still hosted by its official service at GameSpy. All you have to do is sign online with the game over dialup and it automatically connects to the master list as usual. There is never anyone one at random. You normally have to use the Game Organization area here to setup matches.
Posted:
Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:18 am
quote : #8
So if GameSpy stops serving it then we are SOL eh?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:43 am
quote : #9
Nope, the future for Starlancer has was saved. You can read all about it here:
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6567

We are at the point now where no more Dreamcast games can go offline. All of the games we have online right now can be independently networked.
Posted:
Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:48 pm
quote : #10
Thanks for the link. Really awesome to see the effort that been done to save a lot of this.

smokexz
unknown
Posted:
Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:20 am
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U
lordnikon wrote:
When you sign online with Starlancer it connects to the official master list for the game. You can either join a game that someone is currently hosting, or you can host a game yourself.

PS: The DC is not dead, as long as you play it Smile

rofl you know i thought the servers were dead too because a friend of mines who works at a game store says all servers for the web browser and games are done thank god we have the power of wikipedia and onlineconsoles Very Happy he keeps on thinking that I am talking about private servers tho

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:44 am
quote : #12
Hehe don't listen to people who work in game stores. >_> 99% of the time they don't know what they are talking about.

Starlancer is still online via its official methods, and connects to GameSpy's masterlist. Wink