Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
(Before anyone says anything, it is highly unlikely that this would come to the Dreamcast.)

Sega is currently working on a new game in the Dynamite Deka / Dynamite Cop series. Guess which platform it is currently running on location test for in Japan? Yes, Sega themselves are working on a new Dynamite Cop game running on NAOMI arcade hardware (1st generation, not the NAOMI 2). I am not sure if you all were aware, but over past few years its not only third party development companies that have been developing for the original NAOMI / NAOMI GD-ROM. Sega themselves have been developing for the system here and there, but mostly titles like Dragon Treasure III, and the Soccer games on the Sattelite Terminals.

The most notable final hurrah from Sega to the NAOMI / DC community was of course Puyo Puyo Fever, which saw an arcade release in 2003 and was ported to home consoles including the native Dreamcast.

To see a recognizable Sega franchise rise from the ashes in 2006/2007 on the NAOMI is quite a thing. Who knows if the game will move beyond the location test stage. For now, it is exciting non-the-less.

So far the NAOMI hasn't had a Dynamite Deka title developed specifically for it. The two previous games ran on other arcade hardware boards. The original Dynamite Deka ran on the Saturn based ST-V, and Dynamite Deka 2 even tough it was ported to the Dreamcast, was originally running on MODEL-2 Arcade hardware.

Dynamite Deka EX ~Asian Dynamite~ looks like it will stay true to the franchise forumula. Meaning cheesy comabat mixed with wierd stuffs. A new feature in the game has you battling enemies carrying suitcases. Once you obtain them you crack them open and can change your costume in-game.

If you want to read more and view some images, check out insomnia.ac.

Note: The description at insomnia.ac is not free from bias, so just take note of that when you read the latter part of the preview.
Posted:
Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:21 am
quote : #2
Exciting news indeed.
Smile Keep up the good work!
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:07 pm
quote : #3
Yea the game looks to stay true to the other Dynamite Deka games. I would love to play this game someday. This might drive me to accumulate a NAOMI setup over time.
Posted:
Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:16 pm
quote : #4
I don't think SEGA will ever port this to our DC though (for proud, since they would be taking a step back if they do).

Oh well, hope is always the last to die anyway Wink
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:21 am
quote : #5
Here is an update: This game is coming out in arcades, and it is not coming to the NAOMI GD-ROM, but instead the NAOMI. That means no GD-ROM disc for Dynamite Deka EX. This will be one of the first ROM boards in years.
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:55 am
quote : #6
Perhaps a sign that sega did discontinue the gdrom?
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:10 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
lordnikon wrote:
Here is an update: This game is coming out in arcades, and it is not coming to the NAOMI GD-ROM, but instead the NAOMI. That means no GD-ROM disc for Dynamite Deka EX. This will be one of the first ROM boards in years.

Where did you get the info?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:58 am
quote : #8
JKKDARK wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

Where did you get the info?

... InsertCredit
Posted:
Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:53 pm
quote : #9
Reports that it was released today for the Naomi platform: link (official website).

Maybe if it does poorly in the arcade they might consider porting it to Dreamcast to recuperate development costs. We can hope.

Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:42 pm
quote : #10
I hope it does well in the arcades and they port it to Dreamcast Razz , and probably other machines.
rank 19
Posted:
Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:46 pm
quote : #11
If one of those two scenarios were to cause it to be ported to the Dreamcast I would prefer the latter. Game that does poorly gets ported, game that does great gets ported. Either one would be good though since its a new game.
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:56 pm
quote : #12
Well this game is not being released on GD-ROM, but instead on a ROM Board. If it doesn't get ported to a home system I will still be able to buy the ROM Board and play it on one of my *cough* ... 2 ... *cough* ... NAOMI setups.
Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:28 am
quote : #13
lordnikon wrote:
Well this game is not being released on GD-ROM, but instead on a ROM Board. If it doesn't get ported to a home system I will still be able to buy the ROM Board and play it on one of my *cough* ... 2 ... *cough* ... NAOMI setups.

Show off.
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 am
quote : #14
mrandyk wrote:
lordnikon wrote:

Show off.

We need to form an angry rabble and get him. Twisted Evil

I would like to see a release of this game on something. I loved the first Saturn one.
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:32 am
quote : #15
I remember when I first got my Dynamite Cop. I was in EBGames and I was just looking around and it was 4.99. I thought you know what the hell. Turned out that it freakin rules. A new one would be awesome. It needs to be on some home console.