Page 1 of 1
K_I_R_E_E_K
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:58 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
I wanted to download the quests avaiable, i used my copy and it went online........(i tought only original pso games were alowed that), since my dc reads the copy disks well i went online with a fresh (new) char, connected and.......a message apears telling Network error........WT* is this?
Is it my fault or theyre (server) fault?????
it went well in the connection, but at thee server i did not have time to do anything exept press start and leave

Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:59 pm
quote : #2
I don't understand much...but you went online with a copy (not original copy) to download quests? Why don't you use the original copy and download them? You have to explain better. Sorry that i can't help more.
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:22 pm
quote : #3
my dreamcast has trouble reading original games, so i used the copy, strange is the copy never connected before, ifind it strange and AWSOME.........
you see once the servers go offline the quests will disapear, so i created a char and went online to download them.

never mind close this topic, today is wednesday so it is server maintenance........so yeah i cannot connect

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:23 pm
quote : #4
Type: Pal
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:
my dreamcast has trouble reading original games, so i used the copy, strange is the copy never connected before, ifind it strange and AWSOME.........
you see once the servers go offline the quests will disapear, so i created a char and went online to download them.

never mind close this topic, today is wednesday so it is server maintenance........so yeah i cannot connect

As long as you have valid serials in your DC then any disc with Pal PSO on it should connect you online with no problem, if its genuine or not doesnt matter as far as I know the server just validates your serials.

Wednesday maintainance, how odd that seemed not to happen so often but now the servers are going off they are closed on a wednesday. Could be maintainance, could be anything.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:56 am
quote : #5
at the accesss key and username:

the 1st part the game did not let me put the original user name, instead i used the copy one

1st attept i used the access key of the copy .........the line was disconnected due to a network error(s), please try again later
2nd attempt i used the original access key.........the line was disconnected due to a network error(s), please try again later

i simply do not understand

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:00 pm
quote : #6
I am confused as I dont know what you mean by a copy? a copy of PSO i.e. a pirated game wouldent have any serial numbers or access codes with it.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:55 pm
quote : #7
welll , yes it is a pirated game copy, it needs still a username and accsess key.....hmmmm
maybe that's the problem, maybe the copy cannot go online.
i mean....i went online but at the ship a network error apeared........taking that out i connected online.

now i don't know what to do. Sad

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:30 pm
quote : #8
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:
welll , yes it is a pirated game copy, it needs still a username and accsess key.....hmmmm
maybe that's the problem, maybe the copy cannot go online.
i mean....i went online but at the ship a network error apeared........taking that out i connected online.

now i don't know what to do. Sad

I have copys of many games that work online or worked online so as long as the serial number and access key for PSO are valid I dont see the problem. Could be bad burn I guess?

Laters
Posted:
Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:43 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
As far as I am aware the PAL EU versions of PSO have never been ripped succesfully, or at least that was the last I heard, they are much harder to rip apparently (anybody feel free to correct this if wrong Smile )

So I would guess you are trying to connect with a burned copy of the US NTSC version, so in which case you will not be able to connect?

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
K_I_R_E_E_K
unknown
Posted:
Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:28 am
quote : #10
i have a pal original pso game disk and a few pal burned copys of the game.

it is possible that the original will get online but my dc has trouble in reading the original game disks so i used the copy, but the copy gives the network error

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:57 pm
quote : #11
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:
i have a pal original pso game disk and a few pal burned copys of the game.

it is possible that the original will get online but my dc has trouble in reading the original game disks so i used the copy, but the copy gives the network error

I think what Segadreamcaster is saying above is that your burned Pal copy probably isnt Pal its NTSC and thats why it wont connect. If you bought it it may say Pal on the photocopied artwork but will still be NTSC. There is probably a way to find out something in the loading etc but I dont know what.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:24 pm
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
The only way to really find out if it is PAL or not, is to log the network packets from the game to see what server it is trying to access.

You are probobly getting an error because you are hitting a Japanese / now-dead North American server.

There is a backup of PSO floating around titled "Multi-Region PAL Phantasy Star online". Which is actually a Japanese version of the game. I have downloaded this and confirmed it by logging network packets. The only builds available in piracy form as far as I know are Japanese or North American versions. I have never seen a PAL backup of PSO available in a widely accessable public repository.