Page 1 of 1
noonotthat
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
is there any was to plug in 4 sets of keyboards and mice on a dc? cause ussualy you need 2 slots one for the keyboard and one for the mouse, but are there any adaptors that would let you use a keyboard and mouse in one port so that you could plug in 4 sets of keyboards and mice?
Posted:
Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:46 pm
quote : #2
No I don't think so because the Dreamcast treats each device as a seperate entity. I know where you are going with this... 4 player splitscreen with Mouse and Keyboards right?

The best you can do is 2-Players with mouse and keyboards.
Posted:
Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:55 pm
quote : #3
damn, oh well, i wonder if dc would have been around longer if sega would have thought of some way around this problem?
Posted:
Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:05 pm
quote : #4
I don't think nikon's saying it wouldn't be possible, more that the games wouldn't support or recognise it.

The Maple Bus is similar to USB so I'm sure a workaround solution could have been found for games in the future.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:18 pm
quote : #5
noonotthat wrote:
damn, oh well, i wonder if dc would have been around longer if sega would have thought of some way around this problem?

I don't think 4 player splitscreen gaming using 4 keyboards and 4 mouses comprising of a total of 8 peripherals would have kept the Dreamcast on store shelves longer.
Posted:
Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:58 am
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
noonotthat wrote:

I don't think 4 player splitscreen gaming using 4 keyboards and 4 mouses comprising of a total of 8 peripherals would have kept the Dreamcast on store shelves longer.

Agreed. However, there could well have been a surplus of mice and keyboards on the shelves Smile