Page 1 of 3
Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
In this topic, DaMan suggested opening another topic so it wouldn't get lost (the Game Organization thread is pruned every month). Maybe it'd be a good idea to move some of the last PSO topics to the PSO forum, so they don't get lost.

As I see in the schedule, this last week is full of games already. However, even though this might seem stupid (games are made to enjoy them, not to cry over them going offline) I'd like to know what you guys are planning to do during the shutdown.

The expected shutdown time is March 31st right after 23:59 (or right before April 1st Very Happy) Japan time. You can look up the exact time of the shutdown in your city in timeanddate.com. Some examples are (24h):

-Los Angeles 8:00h
-New York 11:00h
-London 16:00h
-Continental Europe, from Madrid to Warsaw 17:00h
-Sydney 1:00h (1 am, Sunday 1st April, not Saturday!)

Options for those who want to stay online when they pull the plug are the usual ones: a nice lobby chat while watching Ragol in the background, a Go Go Ball game (I've never played this! Sad) or a full game (although it might not be the best idea)

Personally I wouldn't mind getting the connection error (if that's what we'll get) in the lobby or while playing Go Go Ball. Also, getting some pics for the record would be great Very Happy

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:17 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
It would be great to get some lobby shots, like LordNikon did back on the official US servers.

I only wish I could be there for these last days Crying or Very sad

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:19 pm
quote : #3
purely in an attempt at accumulating players, I think I will personally go for a gathering in the lobby, to try to get as many people in one place as possible...for chatting and pics etc..but thats just me....will probably post a meeting for something along these lines specifically soon...

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:29 pm
quote : #4
I think I'll be on for the last couple of days, have a bit of a play through and such.
rank 18
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:27 pm
quote : #5
I took a vacation day on Friday, and my daughter is going to the babysitters, just so I can get a full day of PSO in. I've been putting a lot of work into attaining my 2nd s-rank weapon, which I did today! I got the sword this time, which I named ANGUISH SWORD. But as for Friday, I'll be on PSO all day long. Mr. Green
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:02 pm
quote : #6
Sadly i'll be missing most of the last 2 days due to appointments/ work Evil or Very Mad
Don't let the list full ya I've had little turn out all month long with some rare exceptions of those who I just happened to come across online.

Saturday the 24th was pretty good I missed most of the others in the lobby still there were quite a few people all around for playpen as DaMan but managed to upto lvl 15 Like segadreamcaster mentioned we played some battle mode and took some pics Smile

after that I developed the pics and came back and with DaBabe and joined a Japanese player Jareko, and we were later joined by Dydrit; we did a ult ruins run and finished the game (my first time beatting ultimate!)

Funny thing was I decided to switch to my Asparas Mag even though I could'nt use the Imperial Pick the Mag was giving me invincibility every time I died (and was revived by a team mate or used a scape doll) and I had to cast reverser quite a few times myself.
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:14 pm
quote : #7
Ill try hard as possible to be there and see the end of an Era. And take all the pictures necessary, including the last moment, when the end message appears. We can have some action like playing Adventure, Challenge, Battle, Go Go Ball, etc... but 30 min before close we better be in a normal lobby (in case some ver1 people appear) talking and taking the last official servers pics. I bet many Japaneses will be there aswell.

Hope to see you all there Smile .
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:17 pm
quote : #8
Hey guys i wish i could also be there for these last few days the servers will be up. Sad
Xbox live: JTKallDay
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:23 am
quote : #9
Type: Pal
Its all a gret idea in theory but its not often that the server is terminated as a second clicks past. PSO could be up hours even days after the date. I imagine the first chance for a server shut off would be at the start of the next working day, why pay someone overtime to 12 Laughing

Laters
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:37 am
quote : #10
Blast wrote:
Its all a gret idea in theory but its not often that the server is terminated as a second clicks past. PSO could be up hours even days after the date. I imagine the first chance for a server shut off would be at the start of the next working day, why pay someone overtime to 12 Laughing

Laters

Very good point actually Very Happy

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:20 am
quote : #11
Blast wrote:

Laters

This is true of course and has to be considered at least a possibilty, however, I think it's worth being there (if you can make it) for the specified time just in case Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:40 pm
quote : #12
Type: Pal
segadreamcaster wrote:
Blast wrote:

Laters

This is true of course and has to be considered at least a possibilty, however, I think it's worth being there (if you can make it) for the specified time just in case Smile

Yeh will do my best but 4 in the aftenoon on a Saturday could be a wee bit tricky.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:43 pm
quote : #13
Blast wrote:

Laters

Not when its the Japanese. They terminate right on time.
Posted:
Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:44 pm
quote : #14
Hi guys,

Ok, interesting update from Sega-europe, I have been sending messages back and forth with them for a couple of weeks now, just to see if I could somehow change their minds...sadly it did not work as you might expect, but had to be worth a go Sad

Anyway, just had an E-mail from them now, which reads as follows:

Hi Craig.

I'm afraid at this time that the server shut-down will be taking place as planned. I can only apologise for any disappointment and frustration that this may cause.

The servers are scheduled to be shutdown at midnight PST which is 8am UK time on 1st April 2007.

Best regards,

Bill Petty
Product Support
SEGA Europe

Thought it was meant to Saturday afternoon in the UK that it goes offline?..lol havent got time to check it now, but will have to check that

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:49 pm
quote : #15
segadreamcaster wrote:

The servers are scheduled to be shutdown at midnight PST which is 8am UK time on 1st April 2007.

That means... I have to wake up early...on a Sunday...GAWD! Mad