Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
hell-online
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:45 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I figured I combine the 2 into one post, probably should have included the VCD question but... too late.

Anyway, for the Dreamcast Karaoke machine, how does it work? I heard back when the dreamcast was fully online that you could download songs and sing to them, but now that it's offline.... can you play a CD and sing to it on the dreamcast? I have been eagerly wanted to buy this but was too low on info to actually force myself into action.

And the Dreameye, even more confusing for me than the Karaoke. What is that microphone for if it is for taking pictures, was there video chat for this thing, and if so... does it still work? And I read that you can use this as a digital camera, but I was not sure whether I could directly connect this to my PC via USB port or have to buy a converter or something. Also, does anyone know the MegaPixels for the Dreameye?

Darksecond
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:56 pm
quote : #2
for the karaoke, i don't know if it's still online, but you could buy music. as for CD's... it's a no-go, the karaoke is only for online music. and if you have a broadband-adapter, you get video too!
Posted:
Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:41 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
The Dreamcast Kararoke service was online in Japan until mid 2006. Now it's useless, you can't use your own cd's.

And for the Dreameye, this Wikipedia article will help you Wink http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreameye

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:28 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
I just bought myself a Dreameye and have a few pics that I would be willing to show here...

As for the unit itself, the microphone is for voice chat for the video mail or conference options, but these are all in Japanese, fun times... I got a guide from this site talking about what the button are and whatnot, so use the search key, it's your friend Very Happy

The Dreameye can be used as a digital camera, it takes 2 AAA batteries even though the stupid sites say AA's Confused It is a fun little thing, but the downside is that the camera has no built in review, but what do you expect from a camera from 2000?

The camera is extremely easy to use in itself, being all you do if flip it on, point at your subject, wait for the orange light the be solid, then click, and wait for solid again. Next, you take the camera to your Dreamcast, and plug it into the cable that comes provided that is plugged into a controller port (your Dreameye will automatically turn on). Then you run the provided software however you like (boot disc, mod chip, actual JP Dreamcast...) and select the fourth option down from the top. The Adobe Photoshop circa 2000 will take a long time to load, but once it does, you will be able to see all your pictures on both your memory cards and the camera itself.

When you want to save and "develop" your pictures, you must go to the option with the memory card and arrow, then save to the memory card with enough space. Now either go on the softwares' e-mail part to e-mail the picture to yourself and be angry that you can only connect, e-mail one picture, then disconnect, then do it all over again till you are done, or you can go into a web browser and make a message to yourself to e-mail them, you will still need to do one at a time, but at least it is in English and you don't have to keep connecting and disconnecting.

I'm done for now, jeez, long post
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:24 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Nice! Smile The pictures have good quality. Maybe you can use it to take pictures from games you playing Smile
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:02 pm
quote : #6
Type: Pal
Starwalker wrote:
Nice! Smile The pictures have good quality. Maybe you can use it to take pictures from games you playing Smile

Can be done but you have to be quick as after a second or so the dreameye will start flickering once pointed at the TV. BIt like the effect you see when you point a video camera at the TV. TYhere were some pics on here of Bomberman online that I took with the Dreameye but they are not up at the moment. I still have them but not on anywhere that will let me remote link grrr.

Laters